Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Portland Swap Meet

So I went to the swap meet yesterday and I don't think I'll ever do that again. I've never walked so far in my life. All the way around the race track, then to the Expo hall and parking lot back and forth, back and forth. Jesus! There were very, very few vendors with any mustang parts at all and the ones they did have were fairly common parts. Oh well, I can say been there, done that. As far as clutch pedal assemblies, all I found was two, both for '67, '68 and the price was $250.00 each.

On another note, I went to pick up my hood today from a guy that parts out '69 & '70 mustangs. He has a '70 convertible that he is selling. He says it's 1 of 26? Red on red car. Has the Flintstone floorboard and needs a total resto. I did'nt look around it too much, but he's asking $2,500.00 for it. Let me know if anyon'e interested and I can get some pictures for you.

Mace

the good old portland swap meet! I actually bought both my 69 mustangs there, but didn't find anything relatively useful this year though...

there is also a guy in longview/kelso area that has acres of mustang parts, and a guy up in hockinson named dell proudfit that has everything you could ever need, he's got probably 20 cars there,(all finished and stored for other people i believe) with 2 shops just filled floor to ceiling with anything you would ever need (very well organized also) I've bought a few things off him and have been very impressed with what he has, and he also has a little parts store for new parts and things.

its good to know there's some other north westerners in the bunch here!

the good old portland swap meet! I actually bought both my 69 mustangs there, but didn't find anything relatively useful this year though...

there is also a guy in longview/kelso area that has acres of mustang parts, and a guy up in hockinson named dell proudfit that has everything you could ever need, he's got probably 20 cars there,(all finished and stored for other people i believe) with 2 shops just filled floor to ceiling with anything you would ever need (very well organized also) I've bought a few things off him and have been very impressed with what he has, and he also has a little parts store for new parts and things.

its good to know there's some other north westerners in the bunch here!

Do you have any contact info for those guys? I'm looking for a '69 clutch pedal assembly.

Thanks

I live in portland and have been to the swap meet quite a few times and am usually disappointed that camaros and chevelles out number mustangs about 25 to 1. Fun place but better for the chevy guys.

Yeah, i think I still have The guy in hockinsons number, ill try to find that later tonight, but the one in longview I don't have anymore....i talked to him a couple years ago and went up there but I don't have the slightest idea of how to get ahold of him again.

Also, have you ever tried All American Classics? 20 acres of car lover heaven (rusted/hacked up cars) Pretty decent mustang selection, last time i was there he had at least 5 69-70's, all in different states of disrepair, and a heap of other years too. http://www.allamericanclassics.com/

P.s. I wouldn't rely too much on the vehicle list, and parts search on the website, it's pretty innaccurate most of the time....lazy junkyard owners