Sign in to follow this  
foothilltom

Coupe assembly question: part 1 of N

Hi guys, am finally putting my fiberglass-frankenstein back together and am encountering a number of "which fastener goes here" issues. This will probably be one of many posts, if you don't mind.

SHINY CHROME GRILL PANEL ATTACHMENT

I can see the panel attaches with several small stainless screws along the back edge, but I don't know what fastens the left-most and right-most rear mounting points that overlap the light bucket chrome-like panel. I believe the entire front edge is fastened with those trim bolts, but the rear corners have me stumped.

Hopefully, these photos will reveal what I'm saying. The rear-right hole is the mystery.

There's no "clip" attached below to accept a larger fender-like bolt, so i'm suspecting that it requires some kind of very large sheet metal screw or a nut/bolt combo.

Confused and help is appreciated.

Tom

Here is a picture of what they did use. The one on the left is the correct small bolt and nut. They used a stud from a molding clip or at least one identical. The one on the right is a typical clip with a stud. Simply take the stud out of an extra clip, making sure it is a long one and use it. I thought I had a picture of one in place on my computer but I could not find it. Hope this helps.

bolt.jpg