Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69grandecj

Alleged fake CJ Convertible goes for $185K

An Indian Fire '69 SCJ convertible sold for $185K at Barrett Jackson last Saturday. There had been rumours back in the mid-90s that it was a fake done by Bruce Weiss. I hadn't heard anything in recent years so I thought the Marti report put it to rest that is was real. Well on VMF Kevin Marti posted today and it is not the real deal.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1479872/

Someone is going to be pissed once he finds out. Unless he does not mind paying $185K for a "recreation" or "tribute" car that B-J likes to call them.

An Indian Fire '69 SCJ convertible sold for $185K at Barrett Jackson last Saturday. There had been rumours back in the mid-90s that it was a fake done by Bruce Weiss. I hadn't heard anything in recent years so I thought the Marti report put it to rest that is was real. Well on VMF Kevin Marti posted today and it is not the real deal.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1479872/

Someone is going to be pissed once he finds out. Unless he does not mind paying $185K for a "recreation" or "tribute" car that B-J likes to call them.

Poor guy. In a way that's what they get for throwing big bucks around and thinking just because it's at BJ it's legit. I watched some of it thought it was funny and all a big joke for the most part. Like when Bo Duke jumped on top of the General Lee. They might have got more money out of it if he hadn't put a big ass dent in the roof by standing on it. But 400k for a car that a guy just danced on the roof of was pretty good I guess...Bj said it was "way under the money" so it must have been a good deal:001_huh: .

Poor guy. In a way that's what they get for throwing big bucks around and thinking just because it's at BJ it's legit. I watched some of it thought it was funny and all a big joke for the most part. Like when Bo Duke jumped on top of the General Lee. They might have got more money out of it if he hadn't put a big ass dent in the roof by standing on it. But 400k for a car that a guy just danced on the roof of was pretty good I guess...Bj said it was "way under the money" so it must have been a good deal:001_huh: .

I'd say 4ooK was a good deal. That thing most likely has the 765HP he was bragging about in "JR Coulier and Company: Hot Pursuit". Look at all the 3/4$B supercars that only barely beat the figure.

BTW, the forum link doesn't link directly to what Marti wrote...any help?

I'd say 4ooK was a good deal. That thing most likely has the 765HP he was bragging about in "JR Coulier and Company: Hot Pursuit". Look at all the 3/4$B supercars that only barely beat the figure.

01/21/08 10:54 AM - Post#1820299 <!--IP--> <!--NEWMARKER--><!--IS_MODERATED-->

In response to yelostang

<!--GALLERYINCLUDE-->Actually, the precise number of those built as advertised was zero. Go figure out what that means for the buyer. <!--POLLS--><!--FILES--><TABLE class=signature cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Kevin Marti

Marti Auto Works

www.martiauto.com

(623)935-2558

logo_MAW.gif </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

01/21/08 10:54 AM - Post#1820299 <!--IP--> <!--NEWMARKER--><!--IS_MODERATED-->

In response to yelostang

<!--GALLERYINCLUDE-->Actually, the precise number of those built as advertised was zero. Go figure out what that means for the buyer. <!--POLLS--><!--FILES--><TABLE class=signature cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Kevin Marti

Marti Auto Works

www.martiauto.com

(623)935-2558

logo_MAW.gif </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sorry, I meant this link:

http://www.428cobrajet.org/forum/index.php?topic=9035.0

Was that also you, with some vital info on the Indian Fire Red (S)CJ?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Please login below or register an account with Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry Forum.

Can't view it.

Sorry, I meant this link:

http://www.428cobrajet.org/forum/index.php?topic=9035.0

Was that also you, with some vital info on the Indian Fire Red (S)CJ?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Please login below or register an account with Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry Forum.

Can't view it.

It is on the second page.

It is on the second page.

hmmm, interesting. it sucks that people do this with these cars. however Kevin was kind of vague on the one of zero thing, and it doesn't look like he ever expounded on that at all. it makes me wonder if he meant it wasn't a 428 car at all or if it wasn't a 428 car with those options or what.

hmmm, interesting. it sucks that people do this with these cars. however Kevin was kind of vague on the one of zero thing, and it doesn't look like he ever expounded on that at all. it makes me wonder if he meant it wasn't a 428 car at all or if it wasn't a 428 car with those options or what.