Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDinDestin

Accessory Switches

the vert top switch was standard on all 69/70 verts.

Not true exactly, in 69' (not sure about 70') you could still get the manual top option. Very uncommon but available, I think we even have a user on the board that has this as I remember him having a broken hold down that was once fixed poorly and not available repro. The 68' was close enough to mod the connecting bracket though.

Not true exactly, in 69' (not sure about 70') you could still get the manual top option. Very uncommon but available, I think we even have a user on the board that has this as I remember him having a broken hold down that was once fixed poorly and not available repro. The 68' was close enough to mod the connecting bracket though.

well obviously i was talking about power top cars. i guess is should have worded it "it was standard on all 69/70 POWER TOP cars"

smart:asshole: ....... :biggrin:

well obviously i was talking about power top cars. i guess is should have worded it "it was standard on all 69/70 POWER TOP cars"

smart:asshole: ....... :biggrin:

69 and 70 are different. i believe there were 3 holes in 70 and only 2 in 69.

BTW, that particular dash in the photo is from a cougar, note the burled walnut woodgrain, it's also an XR7 because only the XR7 got the burled walnut. standard cougars got a color coded radio face plate that matched the color of the dash. also 70 XR7 cougars with the rear defogger had the defog switch in the toggle panels on the upper dash. i just traded my NOS defog switch for the 70 xr7 cougar switch a few weeks ago. i'm actually wondering if i shouldn't have done that but it's done now.

I have never seen a 1970 dash with three holes.... I've seen only one hole

for the dash switches. I know the 1969 dash had two holes, and the assembly manuals also show this.

I have seen Sportlamp, power top and rear defog switches, and they are different. The rear defog has the wires riveted on and the others have a multi part switch housing with different pinouts. Here are some pics.

69 and 70 are different. i believe there were 3 holes in 70 and only 2 in 69.

BTW, that particular dash in the photo is from a cougar, note the burled walnut woodgrain, it's also an XR7 because only the XR7 got the burled walnut. standard cougars got a color coded radio face plate that matched the color of the dash. also 70 XR7 cougars with the rear defogger had the defog switch in the toggle panels on the upper dash. i just traded my NOS defog switch for the 70 xr7 cougar switch a few weeks ago. i'm actually wondering if i shouldn't have done that but it's done now.

I have never seen a 1970 dash with three holes.... I've seen only one hole

for the dash switches. I know the 1969 dash had two holes, and the assembly manuals also show this.

I have seen Sportlamp, power top and rear defog switches, and they are different. The rear defog has the wires riveted on and the others have a multi part switch housing with different pinouts. Here are some pics.

Can You Buy These Switches Anywhere.

Someone help the bro out here. My opinion is that I seriously doubt it. Your best bet would be to scour swap meets and of course watch e-bay.

For entertainment, my friend and I used to hunt mustang parts on weekends and I only saw one defog switch on a plain jane 70 coupe. Like a dumb:asshole: I let the car get crushed without snagging it because it just ran a rear fan and not the modern type window film strip defogger.

Can You Buy These Switches Anywhere.

Someone help the bro out here. My opinion is that I seriously doubt it. Your best bet would be to scour swap meets and of course watch e-bay.

For entertainment, my friend and I used to hunt mustang parts on weekends and I only saw one defog switch on a plain jane 70 coupe. Like a dumb:asshole: I let the car get crushed without snagging it because it just ran a rear fan and not the modern type window film strip defogger.

none of these swiches are being repro'd so your only choices are NOS or used if you can find them. the sport lamp and convertible top switches come up on ebay fairly regularly and the defog and speed control switches pop up occasionally but not very often at all. the NOS defog switch i traded for the 70 cougar xr7 switch was the only NOS one i've ever come across on ebay and i'd had it for at least 3 or 4 years until i traded just before christmas.

you might get lucky with one of the obsolete parts places like Green sales, Lunch Pail Parts or Perogie or any of the other ones, but i wouldn't count on it.

none of these swiches are being repro'd so your only choices are NOS or used if you can find them. the sport lamp and convertible top switches come up on ebay fairly regularly and the defog and speed control switches pop up occasionally but not very often at all. the NOS defog switch i traded for the 70 cougar xr7 switch was the only NOS one i've ever come across on ebay and i'd had it for at least 3 or 4 years until i traded just before christmas.

you might get lucky with one of the obsolete parts places like Green sales, Lunch Pail Parts or Perogie or any of the other ones, but i wouldn't count on it.

Now that I've never seen although I've seen plenty of what were reported to be original factory AM/FM and AM/8-track radios.

OK, as soon as I say the above I found this picture on a nicely optioned Boss 302. The marti report says it originally had an AM-FM radio although we see now it has an AM-8track.

I've never seen one of these switches before and have no idea how it is used.

Is it a switch or slider? Is it factory installed and is it a fader or balance control?

Now that I've never seen although I've seen plenty of what were reported to be original factory AM/FM and AM/8-track radios.

OK, as soon as I say the above I found this picture on a nicely optioned Boss 302. The marti report says it originally had an AM-FM radio although we see now it has an AM-8track.

Is it a switch or slider? Is it factory installed and is it a fader or balance control?

got a bigger pic? i can't tell anything from that one

got a bigger pic? i can't tell anything from that one

Every fader I've ever seen on an old Ford was a knob, IIRC balance control was done with a knob built into the radio. I strongly suspect that picture shows an aftermarket toggle switch. probably from PEP Boys...

Every fader I've ever seen on an old Ford was a knob, IIRC balance control was done with a knob built into the radio. I strongly suspect that picture shows an aftermarket toggle switch. probably from PEP Boys...