Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogerC

New to these forums

Ok, finally made it here. I bookmarked the site quite a while back after getting here from stangnet and forgot all about it. I have recently refocused on building my 69 coupe. I have more spending money lately since my son went off to the Navy and my oldest daughter isn't so dependent anymore though she still lives at home. I've started into framing the car and am trying to figure out a 3-link rear setup. Thanks to BlackGMC and a few others for their inspiration.

glad to see you've made it over here. have you considered going with one of the new TCP G-Bar systems? they've totally redesigned them and they're a lot beefier than the old version. evolution motorsport was supposed to have their 3 link out by now but they keep pushing abck the release date so i don't know what's up with them.

I kinda like the Lateral Dynamics package. I've also been tossing around the idea of making my own 3-link with a watts linkage based on the lower arms from the TCP G-bar setup. I haven't done any of the math, just thinking on it. I'm really leaning towards a 3-link (non torque arm) system.

I kinda like the Lateral Dynamics package. I've also been tossing around the idea of making my own 3-link with a watts linkage based on the lower arms from the TCP G-bar setup. I haven't done any of the math, just thinking on it. I'm really leaning towards a 3-link (non torque arm) system.

Mark at lateral dynamics seems to be a pretty good guy, he is a member on the PT board as well on the corner carvers forum too.

i see another person is toying with the idea of a 3 link using the G-bar kit as a starting point. i ran my idea by Lino from TCP and he seemed to kinda like the idea, except that mine was using their torque arm and a Fays2 or evolution watt's link as well as the G-bar system. i'm not sure how well it would work on a mustang though. i'd thought of using it on my 69 cougar project as a future upgrade to the G-Bar that i definitely plan on running. should be easy enough to do, just remove the upper links from the G-bar and install the torque arm and watts link. i haven't done any of the math yet either but i don't really see any problems with it, of course i'll have to wait until i get the cougar home so i can actually work on it and at least get the G-Bar system installed and then go from there. we'll see, i may be happy enough with the G-Bar as is and not need to go and modify later.

...I've started into framing the car and am trying to figure out a 3-link rear setup. Thanks to BlackGMC and a few others for their inspiration.

Hello there,

I'm fitting the 3-link setup by RRS. But it does have a torque arm. Here's the link if you haven't seen them before.:shifty: Might give you some ideas!

www.rrs-online.com.au/3linkproducts.php

I've been following some of the threads on protouring forums. I'm learning quite a bit there. I bookmarked some of them to as I haven't had the time lately to read through all of them. I don't like the idea of the forward torque arm attachment because my framing design won't accomodate it. I won't have a back seat so there's plenty of room for the third link on top. I'm trying to decide if I want to fab my own rear frame rails also so deciding on my suspension setup kinda dictates what that might look like.

bnickel

I agree, at least on the surface the Idea looks feesible. I think this week I can read more in depth and maybe move forward on it. And if the weather is more cooperative, I can get more pieces welded into the car.