Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EastYorkStang

Give me the Rack

I want to convert my car over to Rack and pinion steering. The car has been lowered 4-5 inches and rides like a dream since I put the T-5 in.

Who makes kits for our cars? What are your thought's on doing this swap?

www.totalcontrolproducts.com , www.randallsrack.com , www.steeroids.com , www.rrs-online.com , www.unisteer.com

these companies all make power rack kits, do yourself a favor and stay away from the flaming river rack kits, they're garbage and the tech support sucks, plus they are usually unwilling to work with you if the rack won't work for your app and you want to return it. their replacement gear boxes are ok but i'd rather have a blueprinted rebuilt box than a flaming river box but thats' me

power or manual rack ?

i have a new Flaming river manual box and standard linkage it is not fun to turn in a parking lot but is great on the hwy

Hmmm, 'bnickel' has given you the menu, now you have to decide what to eat.:drool: They all look delicious to me!! Hope you don't have a too tough of a time deciding! I fitted the 'RRS' power rack in mine and it went in no probs. You don't have to modify anything so you can bolt your old steering back in if you ever sell:confused1:. Can't tell you what she's like to drive yet 'cause I'm still restoring her. I think the manual rack would have been enough, I guess I must have been feeling rich at the time i bought it. Hope if you get one fitted you dont do what I did and take the car to the paint shop to have the engine bay done and they tell you they will remove the rack before they start work. But then didn't and proceeded to COVER IT WITH OVERSPRAY and PLASTIC DUST!!:censored: They were quick to learn of my umm, dissapointment! All clean now though!!:thumbup1:

Happy dining!