Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bnickel

check this out: prepainted body shells for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1965-66-67-68-69-70-Ford-Mustang-Convertible_W0QQitemZ130167004156QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

could be a cool option for someone wanting to build (assemble?) an early mustang. he says that he also has other cars as well.

How bizzare.

That is really cool.... What a great way to get a head start on a new project. Wonder how this compares to the Dynacorn offerings...

This would be a great shell to start a Pro-tour car - hummmmm....

Wasn't 5k just the starting bid with reserve not met????? My guess is they cost alot more than that, especially with all the Shelby fiberglass. I think it is a cool idea but I would almost rather have the same level of work only just in primer. Paint is very personal as is stripe and design cues in my opinion.

yeah that was just the starting bid with reserve not met. i think he said he could offer the paint in any color you choose on the avaliable shells he has, so that wouln't be too bad. the thing about offering it in primer is a valid point but i also think that if i was in the market for something like this i might rather have a pre-painted shell just for convenience sake, then you could just assemble the car with your choice of parts, however if you needed to mock up those parts then a primered shell would be better.

well pretty much any mustang nowadays kills the mustang concept.

Ehhh....I see what you're saying. But I think I convinced a friend of mine with a black vert w/red interior to supercharge.....and that will be a FUN car :euro: regardless of heritage