Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69 Coupe de jour

Wheel help

Hey all, my 235/45/zr17 Pirelli P-Zero's are rubbing the inside of the fender when I hit a bump (ie: driveway) I called Tire rack to see what 17 inch tire they recommend that would drop my sidewall height as much as possible. The guy told me a 245/45/17 would do the trick. I looked and this tire has a overall diameter of 25.7 vs 25.5 for what I have. Did I get some wrong info? I was thinking a 205-215/45/17 would drop the diameter to 24 inches. Ideas?

yeah Tire Rack doesn't have the brightest bulbs. They want to sell tires not give advise.

Here's the deal (235/45/17) - 1st # is the width of the tire in centimeters (235cm), 2nd number is the sidewall as a percentage of the width of the tire (235X.45=105.75cm) and the 3rd # is the wheel size (17"). Go figure the first two numbers are in CM and the last is in inches.

So you should probably look for a shorter aspect tire like a 40 or 35 series assuming you like the width of the tire. However, sometimes it is the width that is tripping you up. Check out a 235/40/17 or a 225/40/17.