Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grabber70Mach

Brake line clips

I am in that same process, already removed the lines and replaced with new.

Still have to fine tune some bending of the new lines.

First must remove carpet to gain access to the four clips from inside the car.

From inside the car with carpet removed just slide in a flat screwdriver in-between the clip tabs and press them out. They will slide out from underneath. They are installed from underneath with the locking tab section positioned in the inside of the car. Becarefull when pressing them out, mine clips where very rusty and some started to break.

From inside the car:

The fourth clip is located in the rear just below the driver side rear shock mount located in the upper right hand side of the rear seat compartment. This is the hardest one to get to.

Good Luck.

I am in that same process, already removed the lines and replaced with new.

Still have to fine tune some bending of the new lines.

First must remove carpet to gain access to the four clips from inside the car.

From inside the car with carpet removed just slide in a flat screwdriver in-between the clip tabs and press them out. They will slide out from underneath. They are installed from underneath with the locking tab section positioned in the inside of the car. Becarefull when pressing them out, mine clips where very rusty and some started to break.

From inside the car:

The fourth clip is located in the rear just below the driver side rear shock mount located in the upper right hand side of the rear seat compartment. This is the hardest one to get to.

Good Luck.

I'm able to un-do them from under the car.... same process, spread the tangs so the inner ones will come together and release the clip from the tunnel. If you easy on them you may be able to re-use them. New ones are cheap.....

I'm able to un-do them from under the car.... same process, spread the tangs so the inner ones will come together and release the clip from the tunnel. If you easy on them you may be able to re-use them. New ones are cheap.....

It is intersting that you asked the exact same question on the vintage forum. On both you received the exact same answer on both forums as I provided you earlier.

Thanks guys, I did it from underneath the car using a screwdriver in between the center of the tabs and prying the tabs apart, worked like a charm.

It is intersting that you asked the exact same question on the vintage forum. On both you received the exact same answer on both forums as I provided you earlier.

Thanks guys, I did it from underneath the car using a screwdriver in between the center of the tabs and prying the tabs apart, worked like a charm.