Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EastYorkStang

Shifter boots in my 70 Sportsroof

Having swapped my c-4 for a t-5 I find that the shifter body sticks up through the hole on the trans hump. What boot should I use to complete the swap? I am using Modern Drivelines crossmember and a Hurst shifter out of an '88 5liter.

Did anybody else also have to trim the shifter hole on the pass. side?

.d

Having swapped my c-4 for a t-5 I find that the shifter body sticks up through the hole on the trans hump. What boot should I use to complete the swap? I am using Modern Drivelines crossmember and a Hurst shifter out of an '88 5liter.

Did anybody else also have to trim the shifter hole on the pass. side?

.d

Mine is slightly off to the pax side also. This was not a problem with the originial T-5 shifter. However when I replaced the stock shifter with a Hurst unit I had to slightly trim the right side edge to be able to get at the bolts on top of the shifter. I then got a rubber shift boot and Hurst T-shifter from Summit. Don't remember the numbers, but it depends on the year T-5 your using. Mine came from a '94 Mustang GT.

607923_23.jpg

Mine is slightly off to the pax side also. This was not a problem with the originial T-5 shifter. However when I replaced the stock shifter with a Hurst unit I had to slightly trim the right side edge to be able to get at the bolts on top of the shifter. I then got a rubber shift boot and Hurst T-shifter from Summit. Don't remember the numbers, but it depends on the year T-5 your using. Mine came from a '94 Mustang GT.

607923_23.jpg

Mine is also off to the side a little, requiring a little trimming of the floor.

My wife sewed up a leather shift boot for me that looks sharp. I'd add a photo except I can't figure out how - when I try to attach an image it looks for a URL - the photos are on my hard drive, not the web...??

Mine is also off to the side a little, requiring a little trimming of the floor.

My wife sewed up a leather shift boot for me that looks sharp. I'd add a photo except I can't figure out how - when I try to attach an image it looks for a URL - the photos are on my hard drive, not the web...??

You most likely are trying to insert an image if it asks for a URL and not really trying to upload one by managing it as an attachment. Look at this thread, just give it a second to load up the tutorial.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=2551

You most likely are trying to insert an image if it asks for a URL and not really trying to upload one by managing it as an attachment. Look at this thread, just give it a second to load up the tutorial.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=2551