Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69stang

Cold Air Intake

I was wondering if anyone has a Cold Air Intake setup, If so where did you put the intake?

If you haven't done this but have a good idea where to put it I would be appreciative as well =)

There is no place in the engine bay to put one without cutting. If that does not bother you then out the driver fender well, behind the headlight.

Mike

Do what the Camaro/Firebird crowd does and use the inner headlights. Ram Air it....

The only problem with that is that you would have to go through or around the outter radiator support somehow. And on the other side you would have to relocate your battery. I have looked into this and thought it would be a pretty cool idea, but I don't have the time or money to do it.

On my 70 fastback, I have removed the fake air intakes that are outboard of the headlights and have made aluminum transitions that go from the two split semi-rectangular openings on each side into one approx. 3" dia. tube that is next to the inner panel under the fender. My initial plan was to punch a hole through the inner panel and connect to a later model dropped base air cleaner with twin snorkels using stock '85 T-bird flexible ducting. I have everything that is needed but am waiting to install the 351W just to make sure the connecting tubes will fit under the monte carlo bar. If clearance becomes a problem then I will use the ducts for cooling the front brakes (13" Baer).

The cold air setup on the 69 T/A Team Shelby Boss, the last shot is the brake duct inlets. A very trick car, this was the cars first outing at Willow a few years ago. I have a LOT of detailed photos if any one needs any ideas.

Cruzzar,

I saw the post of your finished setup, turned out really nice.

Mike