Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flying Ace

Convertible Trim Question

As I was pulling the windshield triim off, I noticed that the inside windshield pillar trim has a beveled screw opening at the top to conveniently hide a screw, but no holes drilled in the pillar?? Instead, a screw is about an inch and a half down as shown in the pic.

Is this normal? It's like this on both sides.

IMG_0580.sized.jpg

I would guess that these are not the original trim parts for your car. I bet they are off a fastback or a coupe hence the beveled hole that is not used and it would probably line up on another body style. It looks like they have been cut on the ends from the picture you posted to make them fit. I'm not sure if the pillar trim for a vert would be unique for that aplication. Maybe some of the vert owners could help you on that one with some pics.

I think Slimes assumption may be correct. My trim piece only has one hole at the top where your screw is and no beveled hole higher up. Is yours metal or does it just look that way in the pic? Mine are plastic with ford part numbers C9ZB-7603598-AW-R.H. and C9ZB-7603599-AW-L.H.

All 3 body styles actually have a different part for this. A couple of the vendors carry a repro of this now for the vert in either plastic or fiberglass and they go for about $125 a pair.

I think Slimes assumption may be correct. My trim piece only has one hole at the top where your screw is and no beveled hole higher up. Is yours metal or does it just look that way in the pic? Mine are plastic with ford part numbers C9ZB-7603598-AW-R.H. and C9ZB-7603599-AW-L.H.

All 3 body styles actually have a different part for this. A couple of the vendors carry a repro of this now for the vert in either plastic or fiberglass and they go for about $125 a pair.

Checked mine and they are labeled C9ZB-760398-EW-R.H. and C9ZB-7603599-EW-L.H.

EW vs AW is the only difference...hmmmm...

Well that is weird, maybe it's a plant number where the part gets made. Sonce your car is a 70 and not a 69 like mine I would have thought the difference would have been your first two digits being a D0 instead of a C9.

From what I understand, after the part number is the revision number which starts with A, then B, etc.. and when they go through all of the letters of the alphabet, it's supposed to start with AA, AB, etc..

Hard to believe there were that many revisions, something is goofy.