Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CubSmurf

Good place to buy old stereos?

Greetings all! Bought a 69, and its got some cheapy stereo in it. I kinda want to throw in an old stereo with 8 track, so I can jam to some old school rock. Anyone have a good place?? Oh, pictures to follow...once it actually is in my possession.:) CANT WAIT!!! Thanks all!

I bought an early '70s AM/FM radio off eBay and fitted it with correct '69 knobs. It looks almost the same as an original '69 AM/FM but a LOT cheaper.

Funny thing is it actually improved my radio reception compared to the Custom Autosound model I replaced.

Original AM/8 tracks for 69's are pretty pricey, but still less expensive then AM/FM's. There weren't any Mustang AM/FM 8 tracks until 1973, and all the ones you see on ebay are from later models and will require your bezel being cut. A lot of times the ads say "original 1969" or something like that, but the only thing they're original to is LTD's. You might have some luck searching for a generic AM/FM/8 track on ebay. My dad bought a brand new one on there a few years back. If you want confirmation that something you're looking at will fit, post a link here before buying it.