Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

musman

mystery pic....

Oh right, here is another one for you all. This pic was taken from underneath the car, precisely where the 9' rearend is, on top of that 9' rear end there is a pignon snubber to stop it from banging the floorpan, but here is what i saw when crawling underneath the car today, there is this provision on the floorpan for what i think is a bracket with 2 screws that will stop the rubber from the 9' from hitting the floorpan....what is this called and am i in the right direction....

Here is the pic...

IMG_0026.jpg

That's what i taught, must be rubber to rubbr bracket....now i have to find the rubber bracket...hope they make those in repro...

It might be tough to find for a 9 foot rearend, I have never seen one so large.:beta1:

Here is what i found out today talking to various Mustang owners, they told me that the pinion snubber came originally on top of every '9 inch rear end, and those with the '8 inch rear got it mounted on the floorpan, but never both together....his '67 Shelby has it mounted on the differencial...

It might be tough to find for a 9 foot rearend, I have never seen one so large.:beta1:

Well, have you seen a 198 or 199 inch rearend??? :biggrin:

I think I got it. In your pinion, after 2 screws your 9 incher hit the floor and you think if you can find a rubber big enough it won't. I'm just not sure who was snubbing your pinion but who are they to say you don't have a 9 incher unless they were in the shower next to you or something. :rolleyes:

Here is what i found out today talking to various Mustang owners, they told me that the pinion snubber came originally on top of every '9 inch rear end, and those with the '8 inch rear got it mounted on the floorpan, but never both together....his '67 Shelby has it mounted on the differencial...

My '70 8" had the rubber mounted on the floor only. The '69 9" I bought has the rubber mounted on the differential. What screws are you talking about? I removed my rubber before I had it sandblasted and dont recall any screws.

Well if you look closely at my pic, you will see above the horizontal opening 2 holes which i think is for holding the rubber through the bracket.....but mine is on the diff. anyways.....like you said it is for 8 inch rear ends...