Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mufflerbearing

Headliner installation

Hey guys,

What is a fair price for a headliner replacement. I have all the parts and materials. I attempted to do it my self on my last 69 stang and had a hell of a time. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Spent as much as 3 nights to make it fit, to finally realize that is was sewed the wrong side, so had to get a new one and took as much time to install...really a nerv wrecking job, takes lots of patience, and being 2 guys helps a lot...good luck and i ain't doint it again...

MM Project 69 Fastback

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles/mump_0603_how_to_fix_rear_window_leak/

These guys make it look so easy but I'll probably hire someone when the time comes to install mine.

Here's another MM article I found for do it yourselfers. 1968 Mustang. The write-up goes with the attachments.

Page 2

Despite what they say in the article it is always best to install the front of the headliner first. Be sure to attach the rear bow to the wires prior to pulling it forward. Draw it forward tight, it won't pull loose, the wires on the rear bow prevent it from coming to far forward.

Page 3

Another item they fail to mention when doing the sides, you need to cut the listings the rods go through to get a good smooth fit. I generally start with about a 1" cut prior to installing and then cut small increments at a time until the fit is right.