Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Which wheel tire set up looks best?

All things considered I say go with.............because:  

44 members have voted

1. 1. All things considered I say go with.............because:

• The AR-500's
    • The Hot Wheel Sixty-Eights

Hey Pak, I think you made an excellent choice! Still, I think the '03-'04 Mach wheels would've been an excellent choice (especially for the money). I love 'em on my car, and the total cost to get 'em on the car was less than $450 including the spacers and aftermarket billet center caps.

311950.jpg

311953.jpg

Well you know DB I still do love those mach rims and there is no doubt that the price is mighty attractive. When I saw that pic of the navy convertible with them several years ago I was dead set on doing just that but 17" magnums weren't around then. When I factor in not having to use spacers, being able to run a 9.5" rim out back and not having to expose my rear drum just to flaunt my front disc, these just made more sense. If I had been on a budget though I would have gone the mach route. As it is looks I will have enough left of my insurance moeny to do a 9" rear with 5spd and get my Fiero seats done in a matching leather pattern with a little extra on the side still.

I just hope to god that when the baby comes this summer I'm not going to be forced to sell after finally building it into my dream car.:pinch:

I just hope to god that when the baby comes this summer I'm not going to be forced to sell after finally building it into my dream car.:pinch:

I empathize. When my first kid was born in 2004, I was worried about it too. But my wife said there was no way we'd sell the Mach. Now that I've got a second kid due in mid-June, I thought I'd surely have to sell either the Mach or the Merkur, but then I realized that the Mach isn't really costing me a dime, and the Merkur is a necessity as it's my daily driver.

My point is that while kids cost money, they aren't so expensive you should have to sell the 'vert just to keep the kid. And you've got a lifetime to pay for the kid, but you'll never be able to afford another Mustang build for way too long, and even then it'll cost you tons more than if you'd just kept the 'vert in the first place. Besides, sharing the 'vert with the family is a way that you relate to and teach your kid... they'll learn more about you than if you lived the lie of not owning a car like the 'vert.

I empathize. When my first kid was born in 2004, I was worried about it too. But my wife said there was no way we'd sell the Mach. Now that I've got a second kid due in mid-June, I thought I'd surely have to sell either the Mach or the Merkur, but then I realized that the Mach isn't really costing me a dime, and the Merkur is a necessity as it's my daily driver.

My point is that while kids cost money, they aren't so expensive you should have to sell the 'vert just to keep the kid. And you've got a lifetime to pay for the kid, but you'll never be able to afford another Mustang build for way too long, and even then it'll cost you tons more than if you'd just kept the 'vert in the first place. Besides, sharing the 'vert with the family is a way that you relate to and teach your kid... they'll learn more about you than if you lived the lie of not owning a car like the 'vert.

Oh I agree totally believe me but unfortunately I am still out of work. We can get buy just fine with what my wife makes but adding a baby on top is alot of extra strain and if push comes to shove my family's needs will have to come first. Just like the situation Bryan is in right now with having to buy a house. If he didn't have to sell the GT after all the years he has had it I know he wouldn't but priorities have to superceed desire some times. I have wanted to be a dad for so long that I can't imagine anything I might have to sacrarfice for that would be too big or a regret I'd carry, even my car.

Pak, part of the deal we made of me selling my car is that i get another toy to play with it, albeit a less expensive toy, which is whay i want that 69 cougar of my buddies so bad. new paint and a disc brake swap and i have a very nice cruiser, plus i have a bunch of goodies that were originally going to go on the stang that i've decided to keep and use on the cougar instead. fortunately, all the goodies i have are just extra stuff that aren't supposed to replace anything on the stang just nice upgrade parts and some optional goodies the car didn't come with, like the tilt column, leather wrapped sport steering wheel, TCP rack and pinion, opentracker roller perches, intermittent wipers, cruise control, 68 coupe overhead console, rear defogger, power windows, power trunk lock, C90X aluminum intake etc. and everything will bolt onto the cougar as easily as it would the stang.

i really lucked out that the cougar only has about 70,000 original miles and the interior is absolutely perfect and the engine compartment is already detailed as well (i'll probably redo it later one though) so all i have to do is paint it, put it back together and add the disc brake kit and then i can do all the upgrade stuff as time permits and i'll do it all as weekend projects so it doesn't have to undriveable forever.

Hey I could get a cheaper replacement too, but is that Cougar ever going to actually be able to replace the GT for you? Even if someone gave me a 67' GT500 it would never replace my car, if it were that easy then I would have never bothered to fix it in the first place. You're basically making a smaller concesion than total loss but you can't say that you aren't sacraficing something you would prefer not to in an ideal situation can you?

Hey I could get a cheaper replacement too, but is that Cougar ever going to actually be able to replace the GT for you? Even if someone gave me a 67' GT500 it would never replace my car, if it were that easy then I would have never bothered to fix it in the first place. You're basically making a smaller concesion than total loss but you can't say that you aren't sacraficing something you would prefer not to in an ideal situation can you?

no the cougar will never replace the sentimental value of the GT and i will probably cry like a baby when the GT is gone but i miss my old 70 cougar a lot too and this new cougar will basically be the cougar version of the GT. so, yes it is a big sacrifice for me to sell the GT but better to have another toy than not to have one at all. it will have plenty of blood sweat and tears in it by the time i'm done with it that it will have a lot of sentimental value as well.

i'm also in the process of selling teh jeep cherokee too. just can't afford the payment on the loan i took out against it for the paint job on teh stang anymore. it really sucks being disabled!!!!

no the cougar will never replace the sentimental value of the GT and i will probably cry like a baby when the GT is gone but i miss my old 70 cougar a lot too and this new cougar will basically be the cougar version of the GT. so, yes it is a big sacrifice for me to sell the GT but better to have another toy than not to have one at all. it will have plenty of blood sweat and tears in it by the time i'm done with it that it will have a lot of sentimental value as well.

i'm also in the process of selling teh jeep cherokee too. just can't afford the payment on the loan i took out against it for the paint job on teh stang anymore. it really sucks being disabled!!!!

i'm also in the process of selling my 93 jeep cherokee too. just can't afford the payment on the loan i took out against it for the paint job on teh stang anymore. it really sucks being disabled!!!!

oh yeah, i'll be replacing be replacing the chero with an another all original low mileage ford too. it's an 86 lincoln town car that used to belong to one of my best friends grandfather. i'm getting it for $500. this one has about 80K on the clock and is in very good shape. still has very nice original paint and the only flaws in the interior are a couple of small cracks in the dash and rip in the driver side door panel. the plan is to drive it until my brother gets a new car and the i'll buy my dad's 95 ranger that my little bro has been driving and probably give the lincoln to my mom, or i may just trade them the lincoln for the ranger.

i'm also in the process of selling my 93 jeep cherokee too. just can't afford the payment on the loan i took out against it for the paint job on teh stang anymore. it really sucks being disabled!!!!

oh yeah, i'll be replacing be replacing the chero with an another all original low mileage ford too. it's an 86 lincoln town car that used to belong to one of my best friends grandfather. i'm getting it for $500. this one has about 80K on the clock and is in very good shape. still has very nice original paint and the only flaws in the interior are a couple of small cracks in the dash and rip in the driver side door panel. the plan is to drive it until my brother gets a new car and the i'll buy my dad's 95 ranger that my little bro has been driving and probably give the lincoln to my mom, or i may just trade them the lincoln for the ranger.

I hear you guys... I've been fortunate enough that when I needed the money most, the Mach wasn't worth a dime really since it was just an old rusted hulk. Now we're fortunate enough to be pretty secure and I'm not desperate for a reliable daily driver anymore.

I do agree though... if my family needed it, I'd sell it all and never bat an eye. Family first, always and forever (unless they piss me off or something... I kid, I kid...).

I hear you guys... I've been fortunate enough that when I needed the money most, the Mach wasn't worth a dime really since it was just an old rusted hulk. Now we're fortunate enough to be pretty secure and I'm not desperate for a reliable daily driver anymore.

I do agree though... if my family needed it, I'd sell it all and never bat an eye. Family first, always and forever (unless they piss me off or something... I kid, I kid...).

well, if i was still able to work then selling the stang wouldn't even be an option. my biggest worry is that it doesn't go to some moron that will beat the crap out of it and wreck it and just generally not take care of it. that car has had enough of that in my life and doesn't deserve to go through that again. LOL

well, if i was still able to work then selling the stang wouldn't even be an option. my biggest worry is that it doesn't go to some moron that will beat the crap out of it and wreck it and just generally not take care of it. that car has had enough of that in my life and doesn't deserve to go through that again. LOL

Somethings wrong, you only posted this reply once?!?!?!?:beta1:

I've been there with the unemployment thing, but I couldn't imagine it going as long as you guys have. That's gotta be beyond miserable! Mine was just a 4 month period where I was in limbo between my mom getting really sick and moving to Washington for grad school and I couldn't keep my job. That's the one time I might've sold the Mach.

As for selling the GT, just price it right and the kind of person than might beat the crap out of it won't be able to afford it. And if they do, just hunt them down and :death: .

I've been there with the unemployment thing, but I couldn't imagine it going as long as you guys have. That's gotta be beyond miserable! Mine was just a 4 month period where I was in limbo between my mom getting really sick and moving to Washington for grad school and I couldn't keep my job. That's the one time I might've sold the Mach.

As for selling the GT, just price it right and the kind of person than might beat the crap out of it won't be able to afford it. And if they do, just hunt them down and :death: .

:tank: :tank: :tank: :tank: :tank: :tank: :tank: :tank:

What sucks the most is I have had a couple of great offers but they both require major relocation and my wife is just not interested in that, neither am I but I can accept it if necessary. I am in a very select industry and there are more companys in my field in New England then anywhere so my odds are still best here but that just doesn't make them that much more available right now. I'm going on 7 months now but I never did file for unemployment yet either so I have that to fall back on still if I need it. At least I am getting alot of car time though, it would take me another 2 years just in weekends to finish.

i'm guessing it's probably a little now, but Nitto is now making a redline tire in 17" sizes. it's the Nitto NTRD1 tire.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireProductCategoryDetailBrnd.do?rcz=79410&rc=TXLINT&tpc=NITHZ9&tp=&tc=NITHZ9

not sure how many sizes they offer it in though

Are you sure about that? Aside from the guy that charges $250 a piece to do the custom redlines Nitto was the only one to originally come up in my search but as far as I know they are available for 18" rims only as shown on the pic of Alice Coopers new Mustang. They are also a discount tire exclusive.

AAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHH!

I am so unbelieveably bullshit right now I can't describe it. I have had my new AR500's on order with American Racing thru my local tire center for over 7 weeks now. Originally I was told 4 to 6 weeks form AR out of their custom shop. So I call today to get a status on my order. The guy checking on it sounds awefully disturbed when he comes back on the line and says he has to talk to his manager and he will call me right back. The Manager calls me back an hour later and says that AR has just informed him that they are pushing production out until some time in 2008 on these. :pinch:

WTF?!??!??!?!?

I don't blame the distributor but were they ever going to say anything to anyone about this? I can tell by looking at all the websites that carry them that no one has a fricken clue about this right now and they sure as hell weren't worried about customers like me that prepaid in full already.

I am about to fire off an email to AR that they are soon not going to forget I assure you.:2guns:

I am really not in a position to spend money on temporary things though right now. Basically it's looking like I am screwed and will not be able to get my car on the road this season unless I find something else that is permanant. I already have my new master installed and started on the 13 discs as well so I hate to take it all apart and run on my old rims for now too. This just soooo bites!