Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JP302Pony69

Parting Out My 69 Coupe

Hey guys, About two years ago I bought a 69 coupe and was intending to restore it. The more I got into the project the more rust I found. It needs new front rails on both sides, floors, quarters, rear rails and trunk floors, and the roof needs to be repaired. Right now the car is completely stripped and one of the front frame rails is cut out. The car was just about complete when i got it and i have a lot of parts that are in good shape, it's too bad the body and frame are in such poor condition. It has a 302 with a c-4 transmission. The engine is mostly dissasembled and would need to be rebuilt but it was running before it came out of the car. The transmission was leaking fluid from the pan but shifted fine. I have most of the interior parts, including the lower dash and the guage cluster which i cleaned up and put new lenses in. It was a vynal top car and i have the trim moulding, but i believe one of the studs is broken off on one of the small side pieces. If you have any part requests feel free to message me or reply and I will be happy to see what I can do.

Sorry to hear the scale of the project took a turn on you for the worse, sounds like this one has been in New England all it's life. So I take it you will not be looking for a better project car to swap the parts to and stay in the hobby then?

Where in RI are you anyway? I spent the bulk of my life growing up in Pawtucket.

I would love to be able to find another car, but I'm at college and don't have the money to do so unless i could find another car in better shape for not much money. The car it taking up space in my parents garage and I really hate to get rid of it but that is what it is coming down to. I hope once i graduate i will be able to try again and find another project to work on.

Home is in Lincoln, but i go to school in Springfield, MA.

Nevermind on the knob, found it under the seat :)

But looking for a pass side horn, and both rear back up lights with lens

also looking for the "chrome" part that sits under the grille (I could get a pic if needed)

Doesn't have tinted glass....Black interior, i do have the a-pillar moldings but i can't remember if they were cracked at all, i'll take a look and met you know. No lower grille molding and the front bumper is in bad shape

ok thanks , is the front bumper straight and just rusted? could it be rechromed? and does it happen to be a manual steering car? if it is id be interested in the pulleys and the center link and anything else to convert mine from power to manual steer

I attempted to send you a PM too, don't know if you got it and you don't accept outside emails so I don't know how else to contact you. Anyway, I am going to be in the Attleboro and Cumberland areas next weekend and thought maybe if you were around I could arrange to stop by and look it over to see what I could use?