Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coz

Fiberglass Shaker hood scoops...

Does anyone have the web site for Shaker hood scoops? There was a guy in NY named Leon who was selling fiberglass shaker assemblies but I can't seem to find him now.

Thanks

I wonder if those are the same one's available in Australia for a fraction of that price (A$495 = US$380)?

http://www.fomoco.com.au/Shopping/shopsearch.asp (type in "shaker" into the search area)

Not sure - they appear to be the same. What I really want to do is mount the top of the shaker (Snorkel and mid plate) to a 14" round 2" tall air cleaner. Something like what StreetKing did with his. Right now my intake is about 3/4 - 1" too tall and even though my hood closes, the scoop appears to high and doesn't look right.

One thing I noticed is about 1/2 down the page of the link you provided is a Shaker Bowl ring SHAKBCR-02. I wonder if that might help my cause.

Question: - what is a Standard 17 Air Cleaner Bowl? Can I assume that's a 17" ring? I need to measure my base and see.

Regardless - Thanks RK4 and ThunderKiss for the links - very helpful...

Ford ram air has some great stuff, i am wondering if you can get his base and mid plate, but get the aluminum shaker unit from california mustang, and if it wil all work together. I dont mind the fiberglass air cleaner assembly, but the fiberglass shaker unit i am unsure about. Any thoughts or reasons to make me belive in the fiberglass shakers??? The aluminum shaker is the same price, and obvioulsy, more correct.

IIRC, the aussie shakers are NOT the same ones as the ford ram air units. i've heard the aussie units are better, but can't confirm this. they also have the aluminum shaker top as optional and the seals look to be better quality pieces. i haven't been able to find the aussie link forever, i'm glad you posted it.

did you guys notice they also offer lowered bases to accomodate high rise intakes? that's very cool!!!!! i do believe that these are definitely NOT the same units as fordramair.com. too bad they never put a shaker on a 69 cougar, i might seriously consider one of the aussie units for the one i'm getting (hopefully soon). i don't think a standard mustang or even a torino shaker would look right on a cougar though.

In their website, they claim it's the best repro available. The metal version is AU$695, which at current exchange rates is around US$540.

This is a high quality reproduction of a genuine Ford shaker that you won't get anywhere else. Metal Scoop as original. Correct Concourse Mounting Nuts - Mounting stud on passenger side to suit Genuine mounting support bracket. Star plug on drivers side. Concouse quality seal with part number. Metal air filter lid. Try getting ALL this for the price elsewhere.

SHAKER1.jpg

If I ever go the shaker route on my car I definitly would go the Torino style personally. I just always liked the look better. I saw a Custom 67 in the MM a few months back that had one and it looked absolutely gorgeous.