Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cupid

DIY Powdercoating

Id have to believe it works as good as any other. It's just blowing poder out. As long as you have a second oven to use then it's not very complicated really. My biggest question about it was always what happens to the area you have the current clipped to? That area can't possibly get coated like the rest of it.

If you are looking for something entry level to make sure you like it then you can likely find a better deal at a place like Harbor freight for a starter DIY kit.

I have a friend that bought his from Eastwood. He uses a toaster oven & it works great. There are several places you can purchase them, I would shy away from Sears, quality has gone down hill on all their tools over the years. Caswell plating is a good place also.

Mike

I bought the kit from Eastwood but haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I would highly recommend, though, the "Powder Coater's Handbook" from Eastwood. Informative, easy to read and understand. Gave me the confidence to try powder coating, even though I haven't had the time yet..LOL