Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Finally got some work done on the car

And yep i'm not including pics, maybe after i get her all together :)

Took the motor all the way down (almost) and installed new cam bearings and the camshaft. New timing gear etc also put in. Cleaned the block up also and tommorow my pops and me slap the whole thing back together: Put the aussie heads on, roller rockers, push rods etc etc and maybe get it painted. Its going to be painted black since my engine bay is already painted red.

And yep i'm not including pics, maybe after i get her all together :)

Took the motor all the way down (almost) and installed new cam bearings and the camshaft. New timing gear etc also put in. Cleaned the block up also and tommorow my pops and me slap the whole thing back together: Put the aussie heads on, roller rockers, push rods etc etc and maybe get it painted. Its going to be painted black since my engine bay is already painted red.

your painting the engine black?

Seems criminal doesn't it?

Actually I'm doing the same thing. I've been Ford blue forever but for me I'm sticking with an orange/black/gray scheme. With Ben's red underhood I can see how it would look better as well.

-Stephen

your painting the engine black?

Seems criminal doesn't it?

Actually I'm doing the same thing. I've been Ford blue forever but for me I'm sticking with an orange/black/gray scheme. With Ben's red underhood I can see how it would look better as well.

-Stephen

It will probably be a gloss black and i got the black krinkle style valve covers. I believe it will look good when completed, with a little chrome here and there.

hint: use the ceramic stuff and then clear it with the ceramic clear also. looks great and the clear doesn't yellow like most other clears do.

It will probably be a gloss black and i got the black krinkle style valve covers. I believe it will look good when completed, with a little chrome here and there.

hint: use the ceramic stuff and then clear it with the ceramic clear also. looks great and the clear doesn't yellow like most other clears do.

If it's going to be all black I would at least consider adding some red accents to it like between the valve cover fins or something. I agree that the blue with ared bay would be distracting, the black should tone it down some.