Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam3512

Convertible Sunvisor Brackets

There is currently no 69' 70 replacement and I seriously doubt there ever will be. Now that the weather is getting colder and my engine will be all back together by the weekend, this is my next "can do it indoors" project and I will be doing a write up on how to refinish your exisiting ones to share what I come up with for the other vert owners in the same boat. The only real issue I forsee is the chrome rod to the visor as it does not dissasemble easy so if that is chipped too then I see no real DIY way to keep it chrome.

There is currently no 69' 70 replacement and I seriously doubt there ever will be. Now that the weather is getting colder and my engine will be all back together by the weekend, this is my next "can do it indoors" project and I will be doing a write up on how to refinish your exisiting ones to share what I come up with for the other vert owners in the same boat. The only real issue I forsee is the chrome rod to the visor as it does not dissasemble easy so if that is chipped too then I see no real DIY way to keep it chrome.

Pak, any new pics of the engine as it is getting built?

I don't think there is much on my Camera, I'll check tonight though and see what I have that isn't posted. Made alot more progress today though but didn't take pics and I just closed up shop so I'll take some first thing in the morning. If I don't get rained out I should pretty much have it all set enough to drop into the car again tomorrow. It would be nice if they can come pick it up by Monday and paint the engine bay and chasis and drop it in and back to me. This week has reached freakish highs of 60 and it has been ideal but by the end of next week it's going to start to snow and I'd like to have it in the garage so I can run the fuel lines, install the starter and hook up all the other stuff so it can be ready to fire up. With an engine on the stand behind the car right now I just have no fricken room to move in there.

Pak, any new pics of the engine as it is getting built?

I don't think there is much on my Camera, I'll check tonight though and see what I have that isn't posted. Made alot more progress today though but didn't take pics and I just closed up shop so I'll take some first thing in the morning. If I don't get rained out I should pretty much have it all set enough to drop into the car again tomorrow. It would be nice if they can come pick it up by Monday and paint the engine bay and chasis and drop it in and back to me. This week has reached freakish highs of 60 and it has been ideal but by the end of next week it's going to start to snow and I'd like to have it in the garage so I can run the fuel lines, install the starter and hook up all the other stuff so it can be ready to fire up. With an engine on the stand behind the car right now I just have no fricken room to move in there.

man that sucks...60 degrees? it snowed here last night, we have about 4-6" of accumulation and the snow drifts are 2-3 FEET in some places. that never happens this early here. it is supposed to get back into the high 50's at least by early next week, though. i had been planning to get some more of weatherstripping installed yesterday but that went out the window when this arctic front blew in.

man that sucks...60 degrees? it snowed here last night, we have about 4-6" of accumulation and the snow drifts are 2-3 FEET in some places. that never happens this early here. it is supposed to get back into the high 50's at least by early next week, though. i had been planning to get some more of weatherstripping installed yesterday but that went out the window when this arctic front blew in.

Yeah this has been freaky even for New England. Supposed to hit a record high of 65 tomorrow but still looks like mostly rain. Weird thing is we haven't seen the sunn in 4 or 5 days either.

So I hope you at least have a nice cover on the car? Do you guys even know how to deal with the snow down there? I'm guessing they have no plows or salt trucks so does everything just close down until it melts? Sounds like our climates have changed. Damn global warming, if people would just stop poluting the air with all these old classic.... oops, I mean stop using their aerosol cans.

Yeah this has been freaky even for New England. Supposed to hit a record high of 65 tomorrow but still looks like mostly rain. Weird thing is we haven't seen the sunn in 4 or 5 days either.

So I hope you at least have a nice cover on the car? Do you guys even know how to deal with the snow down there? I'm guessing they have no plows or salt trucks so does everything just close down until it melts? Sounds like our climates have changed. Damn global warming, if people would just stop poluting the air with all these old classic.... oops, I mean stop using their aerosol cans.

yeah it very rarely ever snows this early in the season and no most people around here can't drive for SHIT in the snow. last update i heard was there were more than 117 wrecks today!!!! hell, people around can't drive for shit when the weather is perfect. i have a lot of experience driving in the snow and ice since i pretty much grew up in this area and it snows at least 5 or 6 times a year, generally, sometimes more sometimes less.

and yeah, i do have a good cover on the car thank god. also has wool blankets underneath it to keep from getting dented or scratched if it hails.it's worked really well like that so far and it actually makes the covers last a lot longer too. i had to replace several covers before i figured that one out.

Edit: just for a little perspective here it was in the 80's on thanksgiving day!!!

yeah it very rarely ever snows this early in the season and no most people around here can't drive for SHIT in the snow. last update i heard was there were more than 117 wrecks today!!!! hell, people around can't drive for shit when the weather is perfect. i have a lot of experience driving in the snow and ice since i pretty much grew up in this area and it snows at least 5 or 6 times a year, generally, sometimes more sometimes less.

and yeah, i do have a good cover on the car thank god. also has wool blankets underneath it to keep from getting dented or scratched if it hails.it's worked really well like that so far and it actually makes the covers last a lot longer too. i had to replace several covers before i figured that one out.

Edit: just for a little perspective here it was in the 80's on thanksgiving day!!!

Well for some perspective back at ya we can get snow 5-6 times a week to add to our experience driving in it and by xmas it will likely be anywhere in the +/- 20 range. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world though, I like to ski as much as I like to surf and ya just can't know the sweet without the sour.

Well for some perspective back at ya we can get snow 5-6 times a week to add to our experience driving in it and by xmas it will likely be anywhere in the +/- 20 range. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world though, I like to ski as much as I like to surf and ya just can't know the sweet without the sour.

i was just trying to point out that i can drive in snow and ice better than 90% of the people around here, it is a college town after all. i wouldn't ever want to live where you live because i don't like snow and ice that much. 5-6 times a year is more than enough for me. 5-6 time a week and i'd be committing suicide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was just trying to point out that i can drive in snow and ice better than 90% of the people around here, it is a college town after all. i wouldn't ever want to live where you live because i don't like snow and ice that much. 5-6 times a year is more than enough for me. 5-6 time a week and i'd be committing suicide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it's all pretty much what you're used to I guess. The year I spent in Texas was like living in hell. Every intersection was like any town USA and all the bland land and scrub brush wasn't much too look at compared to beautiful oak trees turning color in the fall, fresh main lobsters in the summer and waking up on a winter morning as a kid to hear "no school today". I did have some of the best beef I ever ate in my life but that wasn't much of a trade for living in one of dem dare dry towns and trying to sit on black vinyl in August. About the only thing I truly miss is sitting on the balcony on a Sunday morning with my coffee and paper and watching the longhorns next door grazing.

Yeah it's all pretty much what you're used to I guess. The year I spent in Texas was like living in hell. Every intersection was like any town USA and all the bland land and scrub brush wasn't much too look at compared to beautiful oak trees turning color in the fall, fresh main lobsters in the summer and waking up on a winter morning as a kid to hear "no school today". I did have some of the best beef I ever ate in my life but that wasn't much of a trade for living in one of dem dare dry towns and trying to sit on black vinyl in August. About the only thing I truly miss is sitting on the balcony on a Sunday morning with my coffee and paper and watching the longhorns next door grazing.

you probably would have been more comfortable in East Texas or Central Texas then. more hills and trees and lakes and stuff. you think DFW was bad, this area is like the damn dust bowl!!!! what trees we have are all in town, once you get outside of town there is nothing but cotton fields for hundreds of miles. personally i wish i still lived in central Texas, much prettier there. also we don't have ny longhorns here either. so i'm guessing you lived in the Denton area then, since you said it was dry town? we're dry here as well, but hopefully not for much longer, we're due up for another vote soon. not that it really matter's much since i don't drink anymore but wife still likes her vodka so it will be more convinient than having to drive 15-20 miles to get her booze.