Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple Mach One

Anyone install a variable speed wiper switch?

Hey guys, I bought a Scott Drake variable speed wiper switch from Restore Mustangs. I installed and tested it. When I turn the knob all the way to the left, it won't shut off, the wipers go on intermittently. I can't find the shut off. I tried pulling and pushing with no results. Anyone have this type of problem? Please let me know. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Anyone ever get one of these to work? I just installed one and I get nothing from it. If I reinstall the old one the wipers work, but zilch from the new one. Now I'm beginning to understand why a lot of people talk bad about Scott Drake stuff. :helpsmilie:

I'm looking at this exact switch on CJP ($55.24 w/ 20% off sale) ... now that it has been 2.5 years since this thread, have they worked the bugs out of this switch yet ??

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/Store/Product/C9ZZ-17A553-V2.aspx?wid=141

I'd really like to upgrade my car to "Intermittent Wipers" and this seemed like the easy plug & play / inexpencive way to go until I read this thread !!

Doug

I put one in mine. It is from a 90's truck. You can use the switches and goveners from trucks up to 1991. It is plug and play except 1 minor modification to the washer pins on the govener plug. Easy $10 modification at the pull-ur-part junkyards! There are a few posts about this on the ford-trucks.com formus in the 73-79 trucks section.

I tried 2 or 3 of the aftermarket versions and could never get any of them to work consistently. I ended up buying an early 70s Ford truck version off ebay and it works great. Just plug and play.