Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbiedog

sharing the joy

Got a call from the paint & body shop, car should be ready by the end of next week. I'm having them do as much as possible, including installing the new glass, putting in the power windows, bumpers, etc.

All that will be left is the continuing problem of the leaky seals from the TCP power rack (2nd time I've had to go back to them, the rack has zero miles on it and leaks like a sieve), new axles, small adjustment to the fan belt (keeps slipping off, but I know what to do), install the stereo and speakers, keyless entry, tail pipe extensions....and I think that's it! Driving by Christmas? No bets, since I thought this would be finished 18 months ago......

Looking good Robbie!!!

Do you have the power rack from TCP and if so what PS setup are you using?

I am wondering if it is pushing too much for the seals or does it leak when the engine is off as well? I am curious because I have narrowed my rack selection down to that or one from randallsracks.

-Static

Looking good Robbie!!!

Do you have the power rack from TCP and if so what PS setup are you using?

I am wondering if it is pushing too much for the seals or does it leak when the engine is off as well? I am curious because I have narrowed my rack selection down to that or one from randallsracks.

-Static

Robbie, love that Paint!!!!! It looks like the Gunmetal color I had searched for forever and finally gave up on. Would you mind sharing the brand and code number or year and make it is from???????

Robbie, love that Paint!!!!! It looks like the Gunmetal color I had searched for forever and finally gave up on. Would you mind sharing the brand and code number or year and make it is from???????

Pak,

It's called Graphite Metallic from a 2004 Dodge Neon, color code "PDR". Might be a 2002.......it's hard to really see the color under those neon lights in the paint shop. I'll have more photos in a day or so.

Pak,

It's called Graphite Metallic from a 2004 Dodge Neon, color code "PDR". Might be a 2002.......it's hard to really see the color under those neon lights in the paint shop. I'll have more photos in a day or so.

awesome Robbie. that's almost the exact color i wanted to paint car back in 86, it would've been that color with a red and black double pinstripe down the side. i'd even painted the engine red and black to match with it at one point. ended up doing a cheapo red and black paint job instead and didn't like it much at all. you're car is looking beautiful!!!!!

awesome Robbie. that's almost the exact color i wanted to paint car back in 86, it would've been that color with a red and black double pinstripe down the side. i'd even painted the engine red and black to match with it at one point. ended up doing a cheapo red and black paint job instead and didn't like it much at all. you're car is looking beautiful!!!!!

Static,

I have the TCP Power rack, and I bought their power steering pump as well. The rack leaked as soon as we hooked it up, called them and they took it back, told me it didn't leak, but put all new seals on it. We re-installed and it leaks again, but from different seals. The car has zero miles on it. I don't want to send it to them again, it's a pain in the ass. The guy who installed it for me is calling them to get them to send the seals and he's going to re-work it. I'm not happy with TCP, and I'd recommend the randall rack.

Static,

I have the TCP Power rack, and I bought their power steering pump as well. The rack leaked as soon as we hooked it up, called them and they took it back, told me it didn't leak, but put all new seals on it. We re-installed and it leaks again, but from different seals. The car has zero miles on it. I don't want to send it to them again, it's a pain in the ass. The guy who installed it for me is calling them to get them to send the seals and he's going to re-work it. I'm not happy with TCP, and I'd recommend the randall rack.

Pak,

Your latin words under your name inspired me to do the same......

Lol, yeah but mine is fake made up latin inspired by a combination of E Pluribus Unum (out of many, one) and being a Convertible Expert. :rolleyes:

In it vehicle waste????????

PS: thanks for the paint name what kind of code is PDR, doesn't sound like a PPG one?

Pak,

Your latin words under your name inspired me to do the same......

Lol, yeah but mine is fake made up latin inspired by a combination of E Pluribus Unum (out of many, one) and being a Convertible Expert. :rolleyes:

In it vehicle waste????????

PS: thanks for the paint name what kind of code is PDR, doesn't sound like a PPG one?