Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FMACHI

Coming soon, respray

I'm about to sort out the respray of the Mach I. I'm returning her to her factory Candy Apple glory days, but need help with a couple of concerns.

1. How important is the paint? Is there such a thing as too cheap? What brands have you guys used? Price per Ltr/gallon?

2. I have the paint code for Candy Apple as 71528, and the matt/low gloss black as 9295 in the PPG Ditzler color code sheet. Are these as close to the original codes as I'll ever get? Or are they a little different?

3. And as far as the side stipes ar concerned, should they be gold or black on the Candy?

Thanx for the help. David.

Don't skimp on the paint, remember it's going to be on the car for a long time. I just had mine repainted I'll check the codes. I used a DuPont paint mix from the original codes to the correct color(Candyapple Red)Check out the photo gallery(sept 06). As for the side stripe I've seen them both ways The ones on my car were black and my interior is black. Hope this helps.

my car was painted with sherwin williams base/clear and the hood blackout was done with DuPont Hot Hues hot rod black base/flat clear. the hot rod black base/flat clear is awesome since you can actualy wax it if you want unlike the normal flat black paints also just the fact that it's not glossy is perfect, i love it and would highly recommend it unless you're going for a concours resto.

Thanx for the feedback guys. It's what I expected to hear. No I wont be going concours with the car, so I might take you up on that hot rod black.

David

i really like it a lot. it's to be able to wax the car and not have to worry about getting on the flat paint or even taping it off sou don't get wax on it.