Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The69GT

Question on a 69 Fastback

I am getting a 69 gt fastback 302 w/ auto tranny dark green, runs and drives, no rust except for frt floor panels, complete car not missing anything, overall in good shape for its yr, no dents, car was a arizona car and is now in oklahoma, its my buddies and i am getting it for a really good price, my question is if the engine has been swapped w/ another 302 with how much will that decrease the value?? How do you check to see if the numbers match? And how much do you guys think this car is worth?? thanks!!

it's not a true GT if only came with a 302. al of the GT's for 69 came with a 351 2v or bigger. it has to be an H code 351-2v, M code 351-4v, S code 390-4v, Q code 428CJ non ram air or an R code 428CJ ram air car in order for it to be a true GT. the only way to tell if it is an actual GT is to buy the Marti report www.marti-auto.com and the report will tell if it's a true GT or not. there are a lot of GT specific options to look for though, the most important is the one year only 69 GT gas cap with the cog tooth pattern, hood pins and hood scoop with engine size call outs, GT rocker stripes and stainless steel Quad exhaust tips except on 351-2v cars. of course it should also have the 12 slot GT styled steel wheels with the GT center caps.

post the VIN and we can tell for sure if it is NOT a true GT by the engine code. if you can post a pic of the car we can better advise if it's worth your money to invest in the Marti report or not.

the GT fastback is worth roughly the same or slightly less than an equivalent Mach 1

it's not a true GT if only came with a 302. al of the GT's for 69 came with a 351 2v or bigger. it has to be an H code 351-2v, M code 351-4v, S code 390-4v, Q code 428CJ non ram air or an R code 428CJ ram air car in order for it to be a true GT. the only way to tell if it is an actual GT is to buy the Marti report www.marti-auto.com and the report will tell if it's a true GT or not. there are a lot of GT specific options to look for though, the most important is the one year only 69 GT gas cap with the cog tooth pattern, hood pins and hood scoop with engine size call outs, GT rocker stripes and stainless steel Quad exhaust tips except on 351-2v cars. of course it should also have the 12 slot GT styled steel wheels with the GT center caps.

post the VIN and we can tell for sure if it is NOT a true GT by the engine code. if you can post a pic of the car we can better advise if it's worth your money to invest in the Marti report or not.

the GT fastback is worth roughly the same or slightly less than an equivalent Mach 1

This one does have a factory hood scoop (no callout or stripes cause i think its been repainted) and it does have the 12 slot wheels, i am in the process of getting the vin #

Whats the value on one of these, if it IS a gt??

like i said the value is roughly equivelant to a comparably equipped mach 1 or slighly less depending on options.

i have seen really nice completely restored GT fastbacks going for 25-35k, more if it has a 390 or 428.

the 12 slot wheels were available on the mach 1 and was an option on other mustangs.

you could also get the hood scoop on even 6 cylinder cars. the 5th letter of the VIN needs to be one of the codes above for it to be a true GT. also if you can get us a pic we can help further in determiningif it is a gt

Ok it is a Coupe w/ vinyl top not a Fastback, warr # and vin # -

warr - 9F01F205796

VIN - 65A C 2G 05F 53 6 W

i will get a couple pics up in a bit. It does have the GT wheels and hood scoop

the 5th digit of the VIN is an F which means it's a 302-2v. sorry, it's not a true GT. it sounds like it might be still be a nice car though.