Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Shelby GT350 stolen 26 years ago returned to insurance company, not owner

damn what a crappy situation. i kinda agree with the full article though when he says the one who truly got the crap end of the stick was the ebay seller, because the original owner could have used the insurance money he got at the time to buy another one, but he chose not to.

The moment the original owner took the $6500 from the insurance company claim, he lost an right to the vehicle if it is recovered. He got what he wanted (and paid for) from the insurance company. 26 years later he's got dollar signs in his eyes so he claims it... tough luck, too bad, so sad, sorry charlie... but the car belongs to the insurance company now, which seems proper and appropriate.

Now, I do feel sorry for the owner that has had the car the last 26 years. I only hope the insurance company is reasonable about it.

How do you get a seemingly clear NY title on a car that was stolen and has not undergone a VIN change???? This is bull pucky, I'd hold NY responsible for not making this guy aware back in 1980 when he bought it and the theft was only 1 year old. Technically any of us here could be a vcitim like this then no matter who we think we bought our car from or how long ago it was. Statute of limitations protects the thief but no fricken law to protect the poor guy who got had. Nice system, no wonder OJ went free.:no:

How do you get a seemingly clear NY title on a car that was stolen and has not undergone a VIN change???? This is bull pucky, I'd hold NY responsible for not making this guy aware back in 1980 when he bought it and the theft was only 1 year old. Technically any of us here could be a vcitim like this then no matter who we think we bought our car from or how long ago it was. Statute of limitations protects the thief but no fricken law to protect the poor guy who got had. Nice system, no wonder OJ went free.:no:

Wait are you saying OJ was guilty :hammer: :laugh: