Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

369coupes

does any company sell correct match touch up paint

hey all im wondering if there is anyplace i could find correct match spray touch up paint my coupe is wimbelton white and the previous genious who owned it thought hed make it look better by spot spraying gray primer over the rust and chips (BRILLANT!!!) and he did anything but make it look better :hammer: so , do i have anychoice or chance of matching this hard to match color or should i just buy some basic universal white and do my own version of make it look better

I've bought a couple of 11 oz cans of Wimbledon White at Pep Boys. The brand name is "Dupli-Color" and the part number is T205.

What I'm having trouble finding is a small bottle of touch-up paint to fix some minor stone chips.

wow dupli color still makes wimbledon white ? i didnt know that i thought it would of been an out of date color for them to carry , i guess i need to look around more i use dupli color for most of my model car projects

if they(dupli) have it in spray form they USUALLY have it in the brush on form from what ive seen thanks for the heads up bill

wow dupli color still makes wimbledon white ? i didnt know that i thought it would of been an out of date color for them to carry , i guess i need to look around more i use dupli color for most of my model car projects

if they(dupli) have it in spray form they USUALLY have it in the brush on form from what ive seen thanks for the heads up bill

i've used the dupli color wimbledon whit and it was an exact match for the original paint on my 70 cougar. it's been over 10 years since i bought it but ford used that color into the 80's so i would imagine it can still be found.

It's a little more pricey than your typical stone chip bottles at an auto store, but I found this company over 6 years ago and they helped me keep my gravel shield looking great for several years. You can pick any paint for any year car or send them a chip to match exactly as your's has faded too now.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

I just noticed they have lots of new products now since I bought from them but the quality of the kit was worth the $40 I paid for it. I got a two step kit that came with clear and I became a master of the chip fill in let me tell you. If you use their tips and be patient doing 10 seconds of work and then coming back to it every 45 min or so through the course of a day, no one including yourself will know there was a chip, I was amazed.

My personal secret was to build the clear way higher than the cars surface and then I cut a small disc of super fine sand paper out with a paper hole puncher and super glued it to the eraser tip of a brand new pencil. This gives you the perfect amount of wiggle and control to make the top layers meet.