Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cupid

Grilles and Export Braces

Does anybody know where I can get an aftermarket Grille for my 70?

Does anybody know where I can get that adjustable export brace? It actually looks like an "export cage". I've seen them around on a pic here and there, but I can't find out where it's sold.

Does anybody know where I can get an aftermarket Grille for my 70?

Does anybody know where I can get that adjustable export brace? It actually looks like an "export cage". I've seen them around on a pic here and there, but I can't find out where it's sold.

can't help with the grille but i think the export brace you're think is made by tcp www.totalcontrolproducts.com

I was thinking of the TCP one. WOW, that's expensive.:w00t:

My next question is it even worth it? I'm thinking to just do the chrome curved and standard export braces. They look pretty darn good if you ask me.

Funny, I have been pondering the same thing. I still have my stock 2 piece export brace and I have always read the one piece unit really adds more stability plus I want to add the Monte Carlo bar for even more support, always a good idea to have extra support in a convertible. I would have chosen black over chrome though for my particular application, $60-$80 just about anywhere. But I would love to have this puuppy under the hood to compliment my baby and my other polished aluminum details to come!

PKG-TWRB-01_AT.jpg

$400 is a big price difference though. I think I am going to leave my car as is for now and keep this on the wish list for later on when all is paid for.

As for the billet grill many places have them for 65-68's, if I recall the Mustang Depot makes some nice ones and has a variety of matching accessories for hood and side scoops as well. Nothing out there yet though for the 69' - 70 crowd. I am working on a custom faux billet/chrome design though which I will post about when it's finished, but that's later down the line. Look up Bottlefed's car, he has a simillar custom design as well on his 70.

TCP and others looked bulky ,so we made one up.It bolts in solid and really ties it all together.A little bit of a pain when valves need adjusted,but,worth every penny!

Nice custom work Bossman! I doubt the TCP would have even fit with all those cubes you got!

I'm curious about the "others" you mention. Since you seem to have researched them care to share some supplier links?

TCP and others looked bulky ,so we made one up.It bolts in solid and really ties it all together.A little bit of a pain when valves need adjusted,but,worth every penny!

Wow, that's one sexy powerplant compartment you got there boss. Good job!

$400 is a big price difference though. I think I am going to leave my car as is for now and keep this on the wish list for later on when all is paid for.

I am working on a custom faux billet/chrome design though which I will post about when it's finished, but that's later down the line. Look up Bottlefed's car, he has a simillar custom design as well on his 70.

Agreed, I can't bring myself to pay that much. I would like to see the custom design you are working on when you complete it. I remember there was a lime greenish 70 in Mustang Monthly (female owned!) that had a nice billet grille with the look i'm looking for. I'll see if I can scan and post a pic when I get home.

Agreed, I can't bring myself to pay that much. I would like to see the custom design you are working on when you complete it. I remember there was a lime greenish 70 in Mustang Monthly (female owned!) that had a nice billet grille with the look i'm looking for. I'll see if I can scan and post a pic when I get home.

Yeah do, I think I remember that pic as well mostly due to the female owned, likely custom. If you have looked at the Grande resto in the garage section he has the hard to find chrome grill that was availble originally but I think outlining every single rectangle is just too busy, I do think they had a simillar one though for the 70' as well. Mine would be just the vertical parts making it look like the billet designs. Tha's a garage project though so I amy not get to it until the winter, I think it is going to look sharp though and very budget friendly.

I found the pic of bottlefeds I mentioned BTW. Basically how mine should look when I'm done only in 69' format obviously. If I find it is too much though then I have a more subdued plan B also but I'll try this first and then post and get opinions as plan B is more labor involved but still budget friendly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=591&d=1157788061

wait long enough, there will be billet grilles. (or faux billet, as we've seen already) The hobby is still picking up steam. We just get them later than the early years, but at least it's not '71-'73!

I used to think we'd never see repop consoles, but we do now!

Here's the car, girl, and grille I was referring to. I hope this pic doesn't get blocked since I scanned it out of a magazine.

I actually like Bottlefed's. It's just as nice as this one is.

car.jpg