Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Is it me or is something not quite right with my Ford blue?

After some of my parts have dried I notice they look a bit darker than what was on my car before. The part to the left was repainted by the previous owner, it appears to match alot of engine colors I have viewed online. To the right is one of the parts I just did, it looks a bit darker maybe even more so in person than in the pic. No that I mind it actually but I'm curious how close it is to real. The brand I bought was VHT thru Virginia Classic.

i think the darker color is actually more correct. seems to me that a lot of spray can colors are a little too light. there are actually three different colors of ford blue, ford dark blue, ford corporate blue and ford light blue. some people will tell you that the dark and corporate blue are the same color but i tend to disagree, because the corporate blue always seems to be somewhere in between dark and light to me.

i think the darker color is actually more correct. seems to me that a lot of spray can colors are a little too light. there are actually three different colors of ford blue, ford dark blue, ford corporate blue and ford light blue. some people will tell you that the dark and corporate blue are the same color but i tend to disagree, because the corporate blue always seems to be somewhere in between dark and light to me.

Well the one I got was described as Ford Corporate blue and it was the only dark option they had, the can label actually reads new Ford blue though I think. In any case it doesn't have to be perfect and I do like the color and I am not turning back now.

Plasti-Cote is the closest match i've found, but the local stores don't carry it anymore. They now carry Duplicolor, which is still pretty darn close. I agree Ford Corporate is different than Ford Dark Blue. Ford Corporate is a few shades lighter.