Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thesubhumans

Comp cams mustang hood?

I am not sure the exact brand they used but MustangsPlus does carry a 3" Cowl hood for Mustangs.

http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MPFMP&Product_Code=cowlhood

Not cheap for sure though and being fiberglass it will require quite a bit of fitting and likely removal of hood hinge springs.

-Stephen

I am not sure the exact brand they used but MustangsPlus does carry a 3" Cowl hood for Mustangs.

http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MPFMP&Product_Code=cowlhood

Not cheap for sure though and being fiberglass it will require quite a bit of fitting and likely removal of hood hinge springs.

-Stephen

yeah, you might want to consider those $600 billet hood hinges for the glass hood so it doesn't break. :yawn:

I really would think twice about buying from UP22 if I were you, I have yet to hear one good thing about their products from anyone I know that has bought one. No ones glass is perfect and you usually get what you pay for but in this case I believe most feel they got a lot less than that, FWIW.

I just fitted a Shelby rear end to my car that was from Maier and while it did take some messaging for a perfect fit, the quality I felt was pretty good, I believe the offer a cowl hood also. The service sucked big time though, I was on backorder for like 6 months.

Well, they may have the hood in stock, you never know. As I was told I had many things going against me at the time (almost 2 years ago now). First off they do not stock the Shelby replica part I wanted so it had to be made to order and at the time they were short by about 7 people on their staff and were way over extended on their orders for Eleanor parts which has died down considerably now.

One thing I like, correction love about this website is that we all know about and own 69/70's so when I ask a tech question I don't need to weed thru countless replies about "well on my 66' it's like this but I don't know about yours" I can get an answer from someone that really give me specific help. Not to mention that I have not seen a single flame war since joining. The only down side of course will be that with membership being specific and thus limited your frame of reference on general things like the current topic at hand can only offer a narrow perspective. Before you make any decisions on a something that lets face it is not a cheap purchase I would suggest that you maybe try a search engine at Stangnet just to look up as much reference material as possible, that's what I did and it really helped me make an informed decision. Search for other topics on "UP22" and "Maier", "cowl hoods" or "fiberglass" in general and see what a whole lot of others have experienced so you can make the best choice possible.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Pak.