Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69grandecj

'69 Convertible on ebay

Wow.. that sure does look like it. Even the details are matching.

My luck it would sell for twice what I sold for.

-Stephen

yep - thats it, guess he didn't like it. Not much chance of it bringing twice what I got out of it but I'm suprised he's down playing the condition as much as he is though. Itll be interesting to watch - thanx for the find.

T

The really funny part is that I finally got my 999 report yesterday in the mail (the one I requested back in may)

Well, I'm sure he didn't buy it to lose money. He either figured it's worth alot more based on the Marty report or he found some serious issues with it that Tstone did not know about and he is not revealing. That would certainly explain the down play anyway so he's not held responsible for something a future new owner might get upset over. I mean, he did give one hell of a lengthy description and he seems to at least sound like he knows what he's talking about. I wonder what the reserve is, I didn't see it listed.

Wow he made the previous owner sound like an idiot with his amateur resto.... Thats ok who's holding the check right now? :)

I dont understand why he would downplay the car either, TSTONE did you order a marti report previously, before you sold it?

It's looking more and more like that's what could happen too, the bidding is ridiculously low still. That car is pretty fricken sharp looking and it's giving me a pit in my stomach watching this. The whole reason I have been continualy convincing myself it's OK to spend all my my insurance money rebuilding my car is because the values still seem to be climbing. Maybe the market has finally peaked and will start to drop though.

Does anyone know if that out of line $150,000 restoration from a few months ago ever sold and if so what for?

This guy must be ready to cry. 10 hours left and it's only at $12,300. He hasn't pulled the plug yet either. Looks like you are da man Stoney.:thumbup1:

I'm still dying to know what you got for it.

Um yeah it is, WTF????? This makes no sense what so ever. Why would he pay Tstone top dollar and then sell it for chump change? The only thng in my mind that makes sense is that this guy had a real lemon in his hands already and he switched vins to get rid of it and is now using the bulk of T's car to rebuild himself a good car.

Stoney, I know you have been avoiding telling us the price range you got for some for some reason but at least give us an idea of what kind of bath this guy would have taken?

Hell, even though my car was solid as a rock and original as hell I paid 10k back in 2000 for it for pete's sake and it was a more than fair price. Even a base line vert' can normally fetch between 13-36k depending on the condition of it in today's market and a fully loaded well done 428CJ would have no problem getting upwards of 75k.