Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

1967 stang from fast and furious, good write up

I've seen some writeups on ign but not edmunds. That's some nice reviews with pictures, but my work server blocks the movie downloads. Bummer!

By the way, has anyone gone to see this movie? I kinda wanted to in the theatre (seen the others there since that's about the only good way to enjoy a silly movie like this) but I think I've missed my chance. What did you think?

When i saw the previews i told myself to wait for the dvd. So i'll wait and rent it when it finally comes out.

Browsin the net on the company dollar, you should be ashamed!

i saw the video of the stang and 350 race, not impressed they've couldva done better, funny thing though they used a 67 with a v8 as the stunt drift car. lol i saw the vid a "spy" vid of the making the guy keeps making misshift n what not lol seem he cant take v8 power lol

the guy doing the drifting scenes is Rhys Millen, he can handle the v8 power. he did the drift scenes in Dukes of Hazard too. more than likely the missed shifts were caused by crappy movie car mechanicals, movie cars are only supposed to look good they don't have to run good.

IMO - drifting is for the tuner crowd and is lame. No self respecting muscle car should be saddled with a "tweaker". That car should have a 390 in it stroked to 418 and 3" exhaust.

That's like dressing up a Rottweiler in a tutu - shameful....

presonally i think the musclecar is what started the whole drifting movement. i mean back in the 60's, 70's and 80's (when i was in highs chool) if you're car couldn't do donuts people would laugh and if you could do figure 8's, bootleggers, rockfords and stuff like that you were a hero!!!! i think drifting was born from that or at least japanese kids watching american tv shows and movies showing cars doing stuff like that and then modifying their cars to do that. eventually, it turned into what we have today which is kind of fun to watch but i would never want to actually do it.

edit: oh yeah, when i was in high school "tweakers" were people that were all hoped on speed or crank

well honestly i wouldnt wait for the dvd the scene of the stang and 350z was nonsense i think they could have done better WAY Better. as for the stunt man, to me he still sucks lol no offense to anyone who is a fan of him. but its funny that they used a v8 as the stunt car! lol its funny how they can drift in a 05-06 mustang with a 4.6liter but can drift in a classic? hah i think me, are anyone in this forum couldva of done it way better.

i think drifting was born from that or at least japanese kids watching american tv shows and movies showing cars doing stuff like that and then modifying their cars to do that. eventually, it turned into what we have today which is kind of fun to watch but i would never want to actually do it.

good theory my theory would b since they hardly have str8 roads and more turns/moutains i guess u can say they moddified their cars to take turns and thats how drifting became to be...