Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bnickel

need front seats and maybe some wheels

hey guys i'm in need of a couple of things for the car. first i'm looking for a pair of stock 69 low back buckets, they don't have to be perfect as long as the frames are good and the foam is in decent shape. also looking for a set of cheap torq thrusts or AR 200s "Daisy" wheels in 15" either 15x7 or 15x8 is fine as long as the backspacing is correct. since i'm going to put the car up for sale once it's done i want to keep the wheels and the seats i have for my cougar project. i'm open to other wheel style as well.

i think the seats that came from my mustang were "supposed" to be 69 low backs but im not sure because they dont look like any mustang seat ive ever seen. the upper seat stitching is different, and i dont have a way to post a pic yet :( sorry. i'll find someway to get a pic somehow

they might be lowbacks from a cougar or thunderchicken or something, i dont know. they bolted directly into the seat holes so they have to be Ford seat and they ARE 69's im just not sure from what car, and i dont need the seat anymore, didnt like um, and they are sitting collecting dust, ill try to get a pic in the next few days.

finally got pics of the seats today lemme know what you think and if you want them. couple things you should know, i only have ONE seatback in blue, but i imagine you'll recover the seats anyways. so its up to you whether you want the seat back or not. and i am keeping the seat tracks for my seats so i have something to bolt my seats to, sorry if you were needing these also, but im gonna keep them, unless i find another set of tracks. thanx

Bryan, When I get my new brakes installed and get my new 17" magnums on I will be selling my 14" SSW rims and tires if you decide that's what you want. They may be in better shape then you are searching for though. I was originally holding them for tool but he has since changed his mind.

well i bought a set of 69 shelby wheels last week, hopefully i should have them here in a couple of days but i do appreciate the offer. how much are you looking to get for them? i may want them for the cougar but i'll have to sell the stang before i can afford to buy any more parts, most likely.

You do know that when you sell the Stang we'll have to kick you off this board right?

Hehe... obviously just kidding, you'll too full of good information to do without around here.

Good luck on finishing up the Stang and the sale.. but still hate to see you sell it.

I know, I know...

:offtopic:

Sorry... :)

-Stephen

You do know that when you sell the Stang we'll have to kick you off this board right?

Hehe... obviously just kidding, you'll too full of good information to do without around here.

Good luck on finishing up the Stang and the sale.. but still hate to see you sell it.

I know, I know...

:offtopic:

Sorry... :)

-Stephen

yeah i know, i really don't want to sell it especially now that it's finally going to completely done for the first time since i got the car in 84. i really always pictured myself being the only 80 year old guy doing burnouts in the street in front of his house but i guess selling to buy our first house is a worthy enough reason to sell it. my wife really doesn't have a clue what this car means to me and how much i'm giving up to buy her a house, so she's just going to have get over the fact that i WILL be getting another car to replace it.:devil:

I agree.. Sorry, I should't give you a hard time about it. Luckily my wife has understood over the years but then again my car hasn't been actually been running long enough during our 20+ years of marriage to be worth anything.. LOL

I had a '67 XR7 that I bought without engine/trans for $150 and made a driver of back in the late 70's. It was a very fun car and got me through college.

Good luck with it all... you still need to get more pics! I'd love to see a Cougar rebuild progress.

-Stephen

it' ok, you can give me a hard time about it. i do need more pics of the build progress but i haven't really done anything to take pics of yet.

i will definitely take pics of the cougar once i get it and of the build process. it should be a really short list of pics on the buildup of the cougar though. bodyshop pics of the paint job, pics of the front disc conversion, and pics of me putting my wheels and tires on it. that should about cover it for the most part, although i do have a bunch of goodies i was going to put on the stang that will go on the cougar instead but most of it is little stuff.