Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69Tool

She Runs!

After many challenges, she is running. I do have a question though, she blows blue smoke right now, is that normal during a cam break in or is it something else? There aren't any ticking noises or anything, it sounds smooth and responds very well. Thanks.

Congrates! - Always nice to hear 'em running.

Hmm.. blue smoke is almost always oil from my experience. Anything from valve seals, rings or some other place that oil can get into the combustion chamber. I can't imagine a cam break in being associated with that. Rings not seated in yet might could be the issue. Was this a new build?

-Stephen

It wasn't a complete build, only new cam and a gasket refresh. However, after running it for a few minutes the blue smoke subsided...now to finish the rear brakes and tighten everything else back up...:-)

Try letting it runn at idle for an hour - then cool, if the problem continues then you probably have a burnt ring. If it's not that bad (and believe me I know I'm going to get flamed) dump some "Motor Honey" in it anfd run it for an hour and se what happens.

It wasn't a complete build, only new cam and a gasket refresh. However, after running it for a few minutes the blue smoke subsided...now to finish the rear brakes and tighten everything else back up...:-)

Ahh.. good news. Was just residual oil then.

-Stephen