Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mach169

how to tell if its a Mach 1 car!!!

hey fellas,

I am looking at a 69 Mustang with a 390 motor.

Says 390 on the hood scoop.So not sure if its original motor or not.Or if it is a 390 even.

I got the vin number & the car was made at the sanjose plant as a R is the second one in number in line.

9R02S159xxx

Can we tell its a Mach 1 car from the VIN number?Ive been told you can.The interior is a mach 1 interior & the dash says mach 1 on it.The gas cap in the rear is a pop out hinge type.It has the chrome running down the car on the bottom.I had a atleast i thought was a 69 mach1 in high school 25 years ago!

Please help as i am trying to buy this car.Appreciate it much!

so get some info from the door tags to distinguish if its a real mach 1?

either someone went to the trouble to put in a mach dash & interior in a fastback or it is a mach 1...anyone know if the SanJose plant made all the models or just the Mach 1?

so get some info from the door tags to distinguish if its a real mach 1?

either someone went to the trouble to put in a mach dash & interior in a fastback or it is a mach 1...anyone know if the SanJose plant made all the models or just the Mach 1?

Might help... then use this site or similar to see what you get (http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html)

Looks like it was an original 390 car based on the vin but you need the 'full marti' for details.

Warranty Number: 9R02S159XXX

Year: 9 1969

Plant: R San Jose, CA

Body Series: 02 SportsRoof

Engine: S 390 4v V8 GT

Unit: 159XXX 159XXX

But you may already have known that...

-Stephen