Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Topless69GT

Shelby parts going away?

Has anyone read the article in Mustang Monthly about Shelby not reneweing the licensing for emblems and stripe kits any longer? Also they want to stop ebay from letting folks sell Shelby Clones? They want you to show proof of ownership of a real Shelby via a title in order to get shelby tape stripes or emblems. Read the article and then email John Luft at JLuft@ShelbyLicensing.com to let him know what you think. I think it really sucks and it irritates me. I sent him an email and he sent me back a smart a#$ message. I would love to see him get hundreds of emails about this. <!--POLLS--><!--FILES--><!--SIGNATURE-->

Mr. Luft,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

I read that it is the position of Shelby Industries to stop allowing the use <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Shelby</st1:City> products and badging for all but authentic <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> vehicles.

<o:p> </o:p>

I do not understand why you find this a positive or good thing. The classic Mustang and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Shelby</st1:City></st1:place> hobby while strong should not be subjected to this behavior. You will alienate a strong following, whilst turning new enthusiasts away from a great and rich history.

I can see no way this would be a good thing for the great <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> name. I can only assume it is another attempt based on greed and profits so rampant in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">US</st1:place></st1:country-region> corporate world. Carroll Shelby never impressed me as a man that put profits above the true joy of owning a <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> – be it an original or a clone.

Please reconsider your tragic error and allow the great name of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> to live on for generations. Otherwise, the true man-next-door enthusiast will turn away and you will be left with the snobbish elite who destroy the classic car hobby a little each day. Please think about those “garage†guys who toil endlessly in their pursuit to own a bit of the great Mustang and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> magic.

Sincerely,

A true Mustang and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> fan

John Cozzolino

We'll see if I get a response and what it will be....

Mr. Luft,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I read that it is the position of Shelby Industries to stop allowing the use <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Shelby</st1:City> products and badging for all but authentic <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> vehicles.

<o:p></o:p>

I do not understand why you find this a positive or good thing. The classic Mustang and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Shelby</st1:City></st1:place> hobby while strong should not be subjected to this behavior. You will alienate a strong following, whilst turning new enthusiasts away from a great and rich history.

I can see no way this would be a good thing for the great <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> name. I can only assume it is another attempt based on greed and profits so rampant in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">US</st1:place></st1:country-region> corporate world. Carroll Shelby never impressed me as a man that put profits above the true joy of owning a <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> – be it an original or a clone.

Please reconsider your tragic error and allow the great name of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> to live on for generations. Otherwise, the true man-next-door enthusiast will turn away and you will be left with the snobbish elite who destroy the classic car hobby a little each day. Please think about those “garage†guys who toil endlessly in their pursuit to own a bit of the great Mustang and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> magic.

Sincerely,

A true Mustang and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shelby</st1:place></st1:City> fan

John Cozzolino

We'll see if I get a response and what it will be....

Great letter,