Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coz

Check out this 70 FB...

Ran into this car last night at a local show;

Love the interior and paint. Back wheels are a little too bling... 460 Ford Racing motor, tremec 5spd, 4:11 rear. Was originally a 250cid FB - plain jane.

Oops pixs are too big so check out the last 4 pixs in my gallery. The couple before are from the show also.

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/COZ-69Mach1

That is a sweet interior! I'm a fan of the stock interior, but very very few 69/70 cars have modded interior from what i have seen. Seems like all the 65-67 restomod cars mod their interiors pretty easily but i don't see too many 69/70's that way. With all of that work to the custom interior, i would have at least put some clutch/brake pedal pad covers or something. Probably would have went with another color too, but the craftsmanship looks pretty darn good.

I think you so rarely see resto-modded interiors in 69/70s since, in Mach 1 form anyway, they were probably the best looking interior Ford put into a mustang, before or since. Of course thats just my opinion, and the SN95's interior does look good too, although the basic shape is from the 69/70 Mach 1. The standard 69/70 interior, however, can be a bit lacking in comparison, and that guy did a great job of making it look good. Probably the best looking totally custom interior I've seen in a 69/70.

Yeah, I'm in the same group where I apreciate the work but it's not for me. The glove box delete is too clean, it's like a big wall of vinyl with ad space for rent.

I have been thinking of doing slight mods to my stock interior to amp it up a notch but nothing crazy, what I call Stock Select, not quite standard not quite deluxe. If I did a full custom I'd likely go the brushed Aluminum route, I still think the 67' deluxe interior was the best Mustang had to offer. I have never been much of a fake woodgrain guy personally except for in a luxury car, I just don't find it sporty. I know alot of folks like the 69' deluxe interior but to me it was a future retro attempt which was cool to do back then when folks looked forward but these days I like it more vintage classic looking.

Yeah, I'm in the same group where I apreciate the work but it's not for me. The glove box delete is too clean, it's like a big wall of vinyl with ad space for rent.

I have been thinking of doing slight mods to my stock interior to amp it up a notch but nothing crazy, what I call Stock Select, not quite standard not quite deluxe. If I did a full custom I'd likely go the brushed Aluminum route, I still think the 67' deluxe interior was the best Mustang had to offer. I have never been much of a fake woodgrain guy personally except for in a luxury car, I just don't find it sporty. I know alot of folks like the 69' deluxe interior but to me it was a future retro attempt which was cool to do back then when folks looked forward but these days I like it more vintage classic looking.

i prefer the deluxe with the woodgrain myself. 69/70 especially and then 68 next. not a fan of the 67 brushed aluminum myself. and i actually prefer real wood to fake woodgrain but the mustangs had the best fake woodgrain of any car i've ever seen. even the burled woodgrain of the cougars was pretty ugly to me. the worst fake woodgrain i've ever seen is the stuff in 80's gm cars especially the g body cars, like cutlass, monte carlo, grand prix and regal...YUCK!!!!!

i still plan on redoing the fake woodgrain in my car with real wood veneer as close in finish as possible to the fake woodgrain just real wood.

i agree about the glove box delete as well, the ad space for rent was exactly what i was thinking. i don't really like the console either and the funky door panels and seats are just plain fugly IMO. i look at that and think about 20 years from now when this style interior will seem like the diamond pleat truck and roll from the 70's. again just my opinion.

Coz, I'll tell ya what's SWEET... Your ride! I went through your gallery pages... I love your Mustang!!! Nice job...

Thanks Tazhog....

I hate to say it but I'm tired of the paint and Mach badging. Probably because there are so many that color. I was thinking about painting it a monochromatic color - something like Black Jade or a real dark candy apple. But talked with a real good paint guy and he said to do it right, take it all apart, put the badging back on and replace all the chrome around the windows and body (not bumpers) I was looking at north of $10K! Ouch....

I still want to do so much towards a resto-mod conversion - 17" thread, 4-wheel Baer discs, tremec 5 speed, coil over front and maybe even the rear that I need to win the lotto. But I guess that's what owning a car like ours is all about. I should feel fortunate - I have a buddy working on a 71 Chevelle for over 2 years and he's still on the body....

I like your house of color tangerine.... That will stand out.

That car is freakin' hot, and I think I pretty much love it all. Doing a custom interior on '69-'70 Mustang is tough to do and improve on the original design, but I think this one did pretty darn good. Very tasty!

That car is freakin' hot, and I think I pretty much love it all. Doing a custom interior on '69-'70 Mustang is tough to do and improve on the original design, but I think this one did pretty darn good. Very tasty!

Well up close it was pretty nice. The color wasn't exactly my thing and there are better, faster, stronger, (add praise here...). etc... engines than a 460. Even if it's a Ford Crate Racing engine. He had to cut up the shock towers quite a bit - at that rate why not eliminate them and go coil over?

I would have gone with a 393 or 427 crate engine.

The wheels were too much and the tire not enough. I like the look of 17" tread better.

The interior was what caught my eye. To improve it I would have done a resto clock and kept the glove box.

But all in all a cool car - owned by a very young and good guy. I would guess him to be early 20's at best. And all the work was done at known area garages so it wasn't cheap.

I will see it again Sat. - Big show this weekend and he said he would go. Will get more info and pixs if desired.

going to two shows on Sat. actually. The 1st one is called Bikini's, Babes and Beers - should be fun! ...and then a large local one that night.