Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

Latest progress...engine building fun with pics

:thumbup: Well after a small glitch, I've got the motor together! I still need to check my push-rod length. I had some valve to piston clearance issues but i got over that after i figured i wasn't on TDC when I installed the timing set. Yes I'm retarted as stated in my last post by someone else. After that everything went together real fast. I decided to go with a Miladon high volumn aluminum water pump, Ford racing small oval air cleaner.

Here are a few shots. I'll be droping this puppy in next weekend.....hopefully starting it up. :thumbup:

100_0796.jpg

100_0795.jpg

100_0799.jpg

100_0800.jpg

100_0801.jpg

100_0802.jpg

100_0803.jpg

100_0804.jpg

100_0815.jpg

100_0811.jpg

plasti gauge is cool but how reliable i don't really know. I also checked my ring gaps, thrust on the crank and so forth. Everything seens pretty tight....about mid range in tolerances.

I like these fitting also but the place i got them from back-orded me on 2 fittings. I'll need to do them later. Eventually i'll have all the fittings except for the bulkheads matching and whats under the car which i don't really care about.

Glad to see its coming together Eric. I wonder what your fuel economy is going to be after this is all together and in the car? I assume thats why you went with the efi.:cool2:

Ben, that's one of the reasons....other is ease of use and and last is for the wow factor. I went with this particular set-up because it is based on the 89 mustang mass air set-up and is highly adaptable...its pretty cool to read about the fords ecu and how it works.

I finally got a chance to do some reading up on your setup Eric and all i can say is WOW. I checked out the mass-flo website and read up a lil, man im jealous.

i thank my wife for letting me do this everyday! The way i look at it is that i don't know what my life will be like after i get out of the Navy so i want to take advantage of where i'm at right now with the decent check i get.

anyway here are a few more from tonight. I got the pick-up i've been waiting for so i installed the oil pump, pickup, water pump (milidon high volumn aluminum) and just finished sizing everything up. I want to do as much as i can on the engine stan while its easy....not hunched over the damn fender.

All my pix recient...here

http://www.splendora-classmates.com/EFI.htm

efi%20020.jpg