Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

Build Up-date....heads....pics

AFTER GETTING ADVICE AND TIPS FROM YOU MUSTANGERS OUT THERE IN CYBER SPACE....I SUCESSFULLY CHANGED THE SPRINGS ON MY WORLD WINDSOR SR. HEADS...PICS( MORE PICS HERE http://www.splendora-classmates.com/EFI.htm). I USED ALL THE STUFF THAT CAME IN MY CAM KIT.THESE WILL BE GOING ON THE BLOCK I PICKED UP EARLIER THIS WEEK FRESH FROM THE MACHINE SHOP. AND FOR THE GUYS LIKE ME WHO DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE....I'LL DO A WRITE-UP ON HOW TO SWAP OUT VALVE SPRINGS. :thumbup:

AFTER I GET MY RINGS BACK FROM BEING FILE FIT AT THE SHOP (WHICH I FORGOT TO GET) I'LL BE PUTTING THIS BADBOY TOGETHER

100_0751.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0735.jpg

100_0753.jpg

JC69Stang, I'LL SIT DOWN AND WRITE UP EVERYTHING...IT'S BED TIME RIGHT NOW!

HERE IS THE REST OF MY WEEKEND PROGRESS...

RAN THE HARNESS AND ROUTED ALL THE CONNECTORS. WIRED UP THE FUEL PUMP. BASICALLY DONE WITH THE WIRING EXCEPT FOR WRAPPING EVERYTHING. I ALSO REINSTALLED MY NEW MASTER CYLINDER PERMANENTLY. I ALSO FIGURED OUT HOW THE TV CABLE AND THE THROTTLE ARE GOING TO BE MOUNTED.fINALIZED THE FUEL SYSTEM, NOW JUST WAITING FOR THE NEW FUEL TANK TO GET HERE!

100_0757.jpg

100_0762.jpg[/url]

100_0761.jpg

100_0760.jpg

100_0759.jpg

hey E, did you ;ap the valves in like i told you? if not your valves likely won't seal right

i'm just curious why you think i need to lap these valves. these are the same valve that have been in these heads fir a while.

i can lap them though, but i'd perfer not to if i don't need to.

sorry i was under the impression that you had done a valve job as well as the springs. if it was my car i would still do it anyway just to make sure there weren't any valves not sealing. it's really easy to spot a valve that isn't sealing during the lapping process. just my opinion though.

B.......so I never lapped in the valves and I think this may be the issue with the @%^&* running condition.....what do you think......????

i doubt it would have much of an effect, really, unless there was a slightly bent valve or an improperly machined one (or more) then lapping them in would have caught it but just the effect of not lapping them in by itself wouldn't have much to do with it.

Lap the valves.......you guys are kidding, right ? Valve lapping was obsolete in the '40s. Lapping does nothing, repeat, NOTHING to 'make certain the valves are sealing'. If you are curious to see if yours are sealing correctly or not, if the heads are disassembled, you can check with a felt tip marker, if they are assembled, you use a vacuum gauge. Valve lapping is 100%, pure, unmitigated bulls---. If a shop ever suggests this to you, grab your parts and RUN away as fast as you can. They haven't got a clue. LSG

Lap the valves.......you guys are kidding, right ? Valve lapping was obsolete in the '40s. Lapping does nothing, repeat, NOTHING to 'make certain the valves are sealing'. If you are curious to see if yours are sealing correctly or not, if the heads are disassembled, you can check with a felt tip marker, if they are assembled, you use a vacuum gauge. Valve lapping is 100%, pure, unmitigated bulls---. If a shop ever suggests this to you, grab your parts and RUN away as fast as you can. They haven't got a clue. LSG