Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragPack69

tire size question

Would anyone know if 255/70 15 tires mounted on magnum 500 15x8 wheels will fit under a `69 comfortably?

I may have a set located but don`t want to purchase if I`m looking for trouble.

Thanks,

John

Would anyone know if 255/70 15 tires mounted on magnum 500 15x8 wheels will fit under a `69 comfortably?

Thanks,

John

I know the 255/60/15 on a 15x8 fits - I started with that tire and felt it was too low and didn't fill the wheel well. So I would think a 70 series would help make that up. I went with the 275/60/15 BFG and it fits perfect. It's a 28" tall tire - so if the 255/70 is around that height you should be fine. There should be no issues with width - I still have about 1.25 inches to the leaf springs with the 275's.

Thanks,

John

It depends on the backspacing. 15 x 8 inch cragars had 4.25 backspacing and a 255/60 would just barely scrape on my 70. A 70 series tire has more bulge and is more likely to rub.

More importantly, I don't think you'll be happy with the look. That's more of a truck tire and has a very tall profile.