Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guigui

did someone knows this website?

yeah, the guy hasn't been updating the site for a long time now. last time i talked to him he was just way too busy with life to do anything with it. i think my car was the last one he updated to the site. i even offered to take to take it over for him but i never heard anything back from him.

Funny you should mention the 69 GT registry site. I have a developer friend of mine working on this right now. The cost for the backend database is going to be about $500. I though about paying it and then putting a paypal donation button on the site to help with the cost and the hosting. Do you think anyone would actually donate?

Why would it cost $500 for the database? Is it special software?

I had thought about doing a complete 69 and 70 mustang registry BUT I dont exactly know how to go about doing it without there being some holes in the system so to speak. I'd be interested in seeing how its all put together and possibly throw in a helping hand.

I was planning on using a custom application. The $500 would be for creating the site and for Database development. The Database would hold the information from the folks who register. That way users can look up information about the registered cars easily. I planned on making the 69 GT registry site divided by bodystyle. That way folks could look up the bodystyle that appeals to them. I also figured they would want to sort the registered list by factory color, Deluxe versus standard interior or see how many had A/C. The list goes on and on. My goal is to make the site really useful for GT owners or folks that might be interested in information about the 69 GT. I will not have any discussion forums (a links page would lead right to 1969stang.com for that). I might have a small classifieds section for 69 GT's. My goal is to own a 69 GT in all three bodystyles (coupe loaded 390 car) and fastback (loaded 351 or 390 car). That way there would be a place to look for these cars. It took so long to find my Gt convertible that I though it would be a great thing to have a place dedicated to this rare option on the best looking Mustang made.

The complete Registry list for 69 and 70 might get too large to handle. Depends on how many folks register. The hosting could become quite expensive as the database grows and you need more space. I thought about doing a 69 Convertible registry but with 14,598 convertibles made in 69 that would be expensive to host and time consuming to run. With total production of 69 and 70's combined being 490,558 that would be huge.

I would love to see a registry site (if it has not been done) on the 1970 Grabber Special Value package. 5,120 units produced. I owned one of these in High school and it was a cool car. Not much out there on that car that I have found. If someone knows of a site let me know.

The guy who started that websight lives here in Utah. I know his Bro inlaw real well and he told me a few years ago that he was to busy to deal with it. I'll see if he is intrested in having it takin over. I know I'd love to see the GT registry back online, Updated. My car is on there as well as another buddy's GT.

I actually found a site on the Grabber Mustang. http://www.mustanggrabber.com/

Actually he changed the name and link awhile back because of Ford's various lawsuits against companies and people using the "Mustang" name. Here is his new link:

http://1970mgr.org/

I owned a 1970 Grabber Mustang for 22 years and he has pictures and a story about it the site.