Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coz

Anyone actually have a JME cluster?

One thing I've heard is non-tach and tach dashes are wired very differently, to the point where changing from one to the other was unfeasable. I have a non-tach car and would really like a tach in the dash at some point. Can one of these aftermarket dashes be made to work in my car without major rewiring?

I just spoke with the JME guys. They had NO production from May thru December of 2005. My name is about to come up and I will probably get my cluster in a month. He said their production is going well now, but they are NOT caught up with the '69's. They ARE caught up on the earlier models. They really do look sweet, I can't wait.....

One thing I've heard is non-tach and tach dashes are wired very differently, to the point where changing from one to the other was unfeasable. I have a non-tach car and would really like a tach in the dash at some point. Can one of these aftermarket dashes be made to work in my car without major rewiring?

Reading their instructions it looks like you can run the tach wire to an ignition box (I have an AL6). Check out #16 and 17...

http://jmeenterprises.com/instructions/69-70%20Gauge%20Cluster%20Instructions.pdf

Just talked to them and they're 3 months out right now on new orders....

Oh well - still going to get one but not in time to get it in the car when it comes back from being stroked...