Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ltnrisk

dry fitting

Hey all,

I was just working on my car again and I was trying to dry fit in my front frame extension to the frame rail but I can't get it to fit in all the way. Do modifications need to be done to the frame extension itself so that way it fits in far enough to fit?

-Ryan

Well the frame rail extensions are spot welded to the frame rails and then the torque box is then welded to the frame, so in order to mock up the rail extensions, the torque box would have to be cut out. You can follow the rail extensions on the inside of the frame and see where it ends. It is the same on both sides and you can see that the torque box is in the way.

O that would make lots of sense now... wish i knew that when i was working well you saved me lots of time of hammering it in.

I also got one more question on the reliablity of surface rust on the passenger side frame rail that doesn't seem to go through but I am positive there is atleast some rust if not alot in side the front passenger side frame extension. Is it worth it to take down the passenger side as well or just treat the rust? i want this car to last a long time cause I don't see a feasable way in how I would ever think of selling it.