Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ltnrisk

An Idea occured!

I have an Idea. I think by now we all know the truck bed liner spray such as line-x or rhyno lining. So since I am taking out the brake cable anyway why not seal up the bottom with this stuff. This seems a little ingenius to me so I am wondering if there is a problem with this or am I the last one finding out...again (...stroker kits...lol).

By the way I will have updated some progress pics in my cardomain site here within the next few days here.

Heh well im not sure. After the bodyshop put a new floorpan in and replaced my entire trunk the guy suggested getting rhinoliner sprayed in. So are you refering to doing a type of undercoating or are you talking about on the inside.

yea i plan to sandblast underneath and use etch primer. then once the whole underside is clear I plan to use that bed liner material to seal it up. Instead of just the usual undercoating. Lifetime warrenty, so fixes one rust problem for life i think. Couldn't see how it would hurt value of car since it is not visible and keeps the metal lasting longer. The interior I just plan to blast, prime, and paint. I would like to cover alot of the car in this material for rust purposes(in areas covered up) to prevent future problems.

I've heard of people doing this and it is a good idea from what I've been told, but remember the car will still need to be able to drain properly if the car ever gets wet. Otherwise your body panels will turn into swimming pools!

Just keep that in mind. If you're just undercoating the car I think you'll be fine. I'd like to do the same. But it will hide any minor rust problems until they become major ones in the event the rust shows back up.

But remember the car will still need to be able to drain properly if the car ever gets wet. Otherwise your body panels will turn into swimming pools!

This happened to me a while back with my Datsun, 4 cyl rice burner. We had a '100 year storm' in Melbourne. Streets were flooded to the extent that some cars floated away, and some cars were totaly submerged. Might have some photos. My car was upto the the centre hubs on the wheels. Water seeped in throught the doors and flooded the inside. Took two days of waiting before I cracked it and sponged out the water. Smell stayed for months.