Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Party pooper thread, Ford set to close plants, cut jobs in revamp

Yes im one of the guys waiting to hear what happens.Im in the Buffao Stamping Plant, So far it seems like were safe somewhat.Oh who wants to have a foreign car smashing party with me??

i find its more fun to light them on fire.

>.>

this is seriously bad news though D:

What is with all these imports... Competition is good but losing jobs over it.... I hope no one in those Factories that close own an Import and complain about it.

(One would think the government would do something to help their own people.)

personally i think there should a ban or at least some sort of limitation to the amount of import vehicles sold in the US as well as a limit to the amount of foreign parts can be used on a vehicle made in the US, kind of like Mexico does with the cars sold there. they have a rule that something like 85-90% of the vehicle has to be made there. i also thins we should quit buying so much foreign oil and start using our own, if we run out then we'll HAVE to find some kind of alternative fuel that is compatible with gasoline powered cars.

Same problem here, even though we drive on the wrong side of a car and road, there a lot of imports available.

Luxury car, BMW, Merk, Jaguar.

Sports car, Subaru, Mitusbishi, Nissan, Toyota, Honda.

Economical, anything with a 4 cyl. Some are like 1.3 ltr. My milk bottles bigger.

The only people that buy local, are those that need a cheap family car.

But then again, there's only two or three cars that are really local cars. Everything else is just a rebadged car from Europes' Ford or Holden. Holden is our version of GM and Opal.

personally i think there should a ban or at least some sort of limitation to the amount of import vehicles sold in the US as well as a limit to the amount of foreign parts can be used on a vehicle made in the US, kind of like Mexico does with the cars sold there. they have a rule that something like 85-90% of the vehicle has to be made there. i also thins we should quit buying so much foreign oil and start using our own, if we run out then we'll HAVE to find some kind of alternative fuel that is compatible with gasoline powered cars.

I totally agree. Why give the foreign companies our money. It makes so much sense to even our government to keep cash flow in the U.S. My mom bought a new Pontiac Vibe and the car is a Toyota Matrix with a Pontiac badge on it! I don't understand why GM did is buying Toyota's when they are surpassing them. Something has to be done or our own car companies will never be able to catch up with the imports. And on the subject of oil I'd be all for switching to stainless steal engine parts to continue on with ethanol to help replace gas. Besides the higher octane in ethanol is a nice boost. :)

I agree as well. I think ethanol is the way to go also even though everyone seems to be pushing hydrogen and hybrids and other stuff. personally it makes me sad to think that one day cars may be all slow and quiet and hydrogen powered. I hope if that happens then i am not around anymore when it does. I like cars with engines that burn things and make noise to go :) not to mention have some power.

something else on the subject of gas and engines check this out. this is really interesting, AND its being backed by Shelby. I really hope this technology gets somewhere, it looks like it has a lot of possibilities.

http://www.ox2engine.com/

heres some animations and a cutaway view to show how it works:

http://www.ox2engine.com/engine_lg.htm

http://www.ox2engine.com/animation.htm