Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

indianfiremach

New to the forums

Hello everyone, I've posted here a few times but never introduced myself. I'm Jason Broady and I live in the sunshine state. I've always wanted a 69 Mustang, and finally found one last summer. I love the lines on these cars, and looked all over before finding this one. It is an indian fire red mach 1, with white interior. It has a 390/4 speed/3.25 posi from the factory. It is also pretty well equipped with AC, console, am/fm, tach, ps, pdb, fold down, space saver spare, and a tilt-away-wheel, plus all the mach 1 interior and big block goodies like competition suspension. I'm currently restoring the car, it was in a barn for close to 20 years here until a hurricane blew away the barn. The car was not damaged, but the owner obviously lost his storage and decided to sell it. It's all apart right now and is in primer for painting, the engine is at the machine shop and the trans and rear are done. I posted a picture of it, its an NOS hood so that's why the scoop isn't on it. It's more apart now, but all in the name of having it more together later! lol. It's a solid car, unsual for Florida. I can't wait to have it all together and lookin good. I hope to have it ready for National Parts Depot's Spring show.

Thanks for making a website dedicated to the best year of Ford's best car!

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like a nice project and nice original car. Also sounds like you're well on a fast track way to a excellent car. Good luck.. maybe I'll see you on the road when mine in done in the spring of 2010 or something.. lol

-Stephen

Thanks for making a website dedicated to the best year of Ford's best car!

Welcome to the site and glad you like the site which is starting to grow very nicely. Your car looks like a great project car, i guess those hurricanes were good for something afterall. And i agree the 1969's are the best looking mustang.

Welcome to the forum! I'm somewhat new myself and also restoring a 69 Mach 1. I've not seen too many Indian Fire Mach 1's, especially with white interior. The whole car sounds like a nice sweet little package. Good luck on your restoration...keep us posted on the progress.

John

Welcome, only a new member myself and have bought my Mach I in July '05 after a 15 year search. Not the first '69 I found, but the first I was actually prepared to buy and afford. It got a 351, FMX and is ment to be Candyapple.

Wow!! That's one damn solid lookin' car for a Florida car. Usually, the salty air eats them alive. Wecome, and don't be bashful. If people around here don't know the answer, they can usually send you to somewhere that does.

Have Fun :)