Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Is anyone else having problems viewing images on the site?

I cannot see all of the smiely guys when replying, but other than that it is fine. I am using Firefox to.

Also sometime I have trouble replying, I have to hit preview post before I can type anything in.

Yeh i just havent added the smileys yet... And ive had that happen to me also where it wont let you type anything in when posting. I think this is because of firefox. But if you click that Button in the far right hand corner looks like a square with a BIG "A" in it, that will also let you type in the box. (did i explain this right?)

Ben, i've been having the same problem not being able to see pics, but if i turn off my norton internet security it works just fine. i thought it might just be that it was because my norton subscription lapsed and i just haven't gotten around to updating it. i thought for sure that was the problem since i started having problems with seeing the pics within a couple of days of the subscription lapsing, but maybe it's something else after all. i'd have brought it up if i had thought it was anything other than that.

Well so far it just seems like isolated incidents. I'll have to wait and see if anyone else has had the same problems. Plus recently i turned on "hot link protection" Because alot of Kid Bloggers were mooching some of the pictures from the gallery and linking directly to them on there Blogger etc which was eating up the servers bandwidth. Which is not good :P So i shut all that down, tell me how you access the site??

Do you have a bookmark to just the forums or what, do you come to the home page?? This might be an issue with the protection i have setup.

i can't find anything in the settings that looks even remotely close. the only thing i can think of is maybe the HTTP port. it says different sites use different ports. do you happen to know what HTTP port your system uses?

it says the most common are:

I'm just gald your avatar image is showing up!

Yeh i couldnt resist using that avatar :)

Bnickel: i dont think that would be the problem, i asked for a screenshot and one user cant see any of the gallery images which i find odd. Anyone else having the same problem????

I use internet explorer and come in through the home page, only trouble I have is if I use my other computer which is networked off of this one, for some reason it says this page is unavailable. I figure that is more of a ISP problem and generally if I restart my router dohicky thingamajig that the main computer is hooked to then I get service to this site on my other computer, and for some reason this is the only mustang site that it does it to. Stangnet and Mustangsource( please don't ban me Ben for mentioning another site) I don't have any trouble with, however I don't have any trouble seeing pictures when I'm on.

Did this just start happening or has this been happening to you for more than a week or so? And thats no biggie i frequent several mustang sites daily but rarely post on them, and why would you if you had your own board?? :)

its been going on for probably a little more than a couple of months, sometimes I could get on sometimes I couldn't. I have satellite service since dsl wasn't available until just recently, and I had to have my dish realigned about two weeks ago, I still had troubles with the second computer accessing this site and my wife could not access her msn mail acct, however we could both get on our yahoo accounts so I talked to tech support and they had me power down and disconnect the router to allow any static charge to disapate after which we were able to access all of the sites again from the second computer, I ended up having to do this again last night as I couldn't get to this site again, I am thinking of getting dsl since it is available now since a friend of mine doesn't have these problems with his network and he has been using it for a couple of years now. My wife and I are convinced that technology hates us and is intent on making our lives a living hell :rolleyes:

well, lets try again, just typed a message only to have it say page is unavailable when I tried to submit, anyway, my problem has been going on for a couple of months or more, back into the old site forums. If I used the computer that the satellite was feed into it generally would work, sometimes it would be really slow and after talking to tech support they said the dish needed to be realigned. Following that everything was fine for a week then my wife was unable to access her msn mail, I couldn't get to this site but we could access yahoo mail and anyother site including secure ones. Another phone call to tech support and they had me power down the router and disconnect it to discharge any possible static charge, after reconnecting everything worked fine, until thursday night when I had to turn off the router again because I couldn't get here. I don't thinkl this is any fault of the site, I just think technology likes showing me that it is smarter than I am. By the way, I tried clicking the "A" in the corner for good luck to see if I could post this, here goes nothing

:confused: hey what the 'ell??? Yesterday when I posted the first post didn't go through so I had to do the second post, today both are there, must be some of that New Orleans voodoo that got blown out of town with Katrina!

and everything is fine, including your avatar, bswor, you bastard. My IQ goes down about 20 points whenever that thing is in view. umm, those things. Herbie just went Bananas all over Lindsay Lohan. ;-)

lol i've actually had it tell me that my post didnt go through and then i look and its there. Just another great messageboard problem i guess.