Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pippinip03

need header and spring advice

hello- new to site. have a fastback 351w(new), holley 750, edelbrock intake, c4 trans with shift kit. drives like a tank with heavy springs and no power steering. need to know what size/weight/brand springs to get as well as headers. any advice on cams would be appreciated, too. car will be driven mostly as cruiser but needs to be able to shut up a bow tie boy if necessary. thanks in advance!

i don't want to street race, just cruise. as far as headers go, i want something to add a little power if i do want a quick start, without a huge cost. are there any advantages to shortys besides clearance issues? i was looking at ceramic coated hedman elite shortys.

my next project will be to swap cams because the carb is a little too big. i hope to do that and get a power steering kit next summer. that should take care of the engine. i need to get springs and new tires too. thanks!

I ran Hooker Comps for years no problems. Now I run Super Comps 1 3/4" pipes, and it was !#@*&%$#@ getting them on.

I still have the old ones if you are interested in them. They just hang on my garage wall now...I can make you a great deal...:cool:

And full length headers almost always make more power. Worth the trouble IMO

I ran Hooker Comps for years no problems. Now I run Super Comps 1 3/4" pipes, and it was !#@*&%$#@ getting them on.

I still have the old ones if you are interested in them. They just hang on my garage wall now...I can make you a great deal...:cool:

And full length headers almost always make more power. Worth the trouble IMO

If they are for a 351w and he isn't interested, email me and we'll talk about the headers. I am in the market for a set on my car. buening82@yahoo.com

If they are for a 351w and he isn't interested, email me and we'll talk about the headers. I am in the market for a set on my car. buening82@yahoo.com

No problem. lets give him a few days and then we'll talk. Sound good?

And they are for a 351W, they are also coated but there are a few scuffs on them. Overall pretty good shaper though and where the scuffs are I don't think you can see them once installed. I will take some pics and post them tomorrow.

No problem. lets give him a few days and then we'll talk. Sound good?

And they are for a 351W, they are also coated but there are a few scuffs on them.

Sounds fine. When you say coated do you mean ceramic or the standard black coating? Thanks again and let me know via my posted email address when the few days are up.