Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bnickel

new virtual build up project

hey guys here's something fun for us to do. we are going to try and do a virtual build up project. basically we are going to pick a members car which we will all vote on and do a virtual complete ground up build, we will of course have a virtual budget.

first thing we need is for everyone who would like to participate to submit at least 2 or 3 good photos of your car and then we will vote on who's car gets picked. and then we will start throwing out ideas on how we want to build it and decide if we will do a budget build or show car build or whatever and decide what the budget will be.

the rules will be pretty simple:

1: we must vote on the car to be used

2: we must vote on the budget

3: we must vote on how we will build the car. IE: concourse resto, restomod, pro-street, pro-touring, dull on race car, etc.

4: one of the mods will be the lead builder and will pick the build team from the participating members, everyone can get a vote, but the lead builder and the build team have the final say on the parts used and whether or not they will fit the budget, but not the first 3 rules.

5: the build will be divided into categories, engine, drivetrain, interior, body and paint and miscellaneous

6: we will make a sticky for each category of the build and we'll leave them up for a maximum of 3 weeks and then we will to tally the final votes and vetoes and start balancing the budget. obviously we should set "sub-budgets" for each category but there will be some room to play with if one goes over and another comes in under budget we can use the leftover from the one to help on the other, but we can't come in over the total budget.

7: when a part is idea is submitted a link must included with pic, description and price, shopping around for the best price is a must.

the final version of the build will be photoshopped so we can all see what it will look like.

ok that's it in a nutshell, there may be some things we'll find that don't work as anticipated and the rules may change to keep everything going smooth. hell we may even consider having 2 or 3 teams of builders and have a competition to see who can pull of the best car, but that will be at a leter date once everyone gets familiar with the process.

ok, now is time for suggestions and comments, and for everyone to start posting their pics. oh yeah there is one more rule i forgot the moderators are excluded from submitting their cars as build projects at least for now anyway.

alright let's get going

First off we just want a few pictures of your car and then we all will have a vote on who's car should be in the build first. Keep em coming guys and gals.

yeah i think we just need exterior shots, like the full side profile, a front 3/4 view and a rear 3/4 view. engine shots are cool, but we can rob those from anywhere really, i don't think we would really be able to use engine shots anyway, since it would so hard to photoshop an engine bay.

69GT, the side profile shot is great, do you think you could get the front and rear 3/4 views? it's not absolutely necessary but i think the final photoshop images would look best that way. thanks for volunteering your car, as you know i have a special soft spot for GT coupes.

keep 'em coming guys, i would like to start the voting process by next weekend at the latest, possibly earlier if everyone gets in on it soon enough.

by the way if anyone doesn't like this idea or has an idea to improve it i would like to hear what you think.

yeah i think we just need exterior shots, like the full side profile, a front 3/4 view and a rear 3/4 view. engine shots are cool, but we can rob those from anywhere really, i don't think we would really be able to use engine shots anyway, since it would so hard to photoshop an engine bay.

Well, a vert is always fun to do even though I think a fastback is undeniably the favored 69' body style. Since I just happen to already have the desired photo angles online for quick linking though and my car "actually" needs to rebuilt anyway, ah what the heck, I'll submit them for consideration, why not. If it came out good I might even take it to the next level and build it for real. 8)

109505_17_full.jpg

109505_36_full.jpg

109505_19_full.jpg

:cry: Geez, don't hold back. Pretty harsh words from a guy with a disco tech for an engine bay. :roll: (j/k) 8)

Actually I do already plan to go with the Shelby decklid in place of that, but with all the other Mach 1styling cues the car looked pretty naked in back without it. Anyway, it came that way so it's better than having holes in the trunk lid or trying to hide them with a luggae rack. I know it's meant for the sportsroof but I never minded it that much, to each his own I guess.

Hey i figured i would throw in pics of my car before the tear down stage.

but i dont quite understand how to throw my pics in this forum so you could visit my web site @ cardomain.com/id/rynodude[/img]

yeah, i don't think the wing looks that bad but in this day of age where are all the ricey little imports have those huge wings they mach wing is starting to fade a bit.

Agreed 100%, another reason to opt for the cleaner Shelby look, although I hadn't toally outruled using both (well, until now that is :wink: )

:cry: Geez, don't hold back. Pretty harsh words from a guy with a disco tech for an engine bay. :roll: (j/k) 8)

Actually I do already plan to go with the Shelby decklid in place of that, but with all the other Mach 1styling cues the car looked pretty naked in back without it. Anyway, it came that way so it's better than having holes in the trunk lid or trying to hide them with a luggae rack. I know it's meant for the sportsroof but I never minded it that much, to each his own I guess.

LOL disco-tech!! I'm hoping the paint doesnt come out looking to tacky, but i did want something different. We'll just have to wait and see. Yeh all the ricers nowadays have them, thats why i have a thing against them even on the sportroofs. Although at one time i had contemplated getting one myself (hypocrite? maybe :) ) Doesnt look that bad... 8)

okay here goes,HPIM0082_001.sized.jpg

note the custom tires that I had shaved on one side to give it a lower profile, bit of a pain to get going again, and makes for a bumpy ride, but women seem to really like it, always pointing and talking. 8)

i'm thinking vinyl top, weatherstripping and engine bay harness. that should get me ready to drive the car for the summer.

So when do we get to see a picture of it anyway, I realize that you have excluded yourself from this virtual build, but I could swear that somewhere I read that mods were required to show their cars. :P