Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TROOPERMC

69 to 70 window conversion??????????????

YEP, THE ONLY WAY TO DO THE SWAP IS TO HAVE THE

• REGULATORs,
    THE GLASS,
    QUARTER GLASS,
    QUARTER WEATHERSTRIPING,
    ALL THE BOLT ON BRACKETS
    AND ONE THING PEOPLE DON'T USUALLY TALK ABOUT, THE MIRROR FOR THE DRIVERS SIDE, THE REMOTE CONTROL IS DIFFERENT FOR THE 70 ALSO, IT WILL INTERFER WITH THE GLASS IF YOU DON'T SWAP IT OUT.

I'M GOING TO DO A GOOD WRITE UP ON THE PASSENGER SIDE SWAP ON MY CAR, I HAVE ALL THE STUFF, NOW TO JUST GET A FREE WEEKEND AND A CLEAR CARD FOR MY CAMERA.

Actually if you still want to retain the 69' look from an exterior perspective then you do not need need to change out the quarter weatherstripping. You can still use the 69' type that goes on the front window instead of the 70' type that goes on the rear window as the glasses share the same curvature. The rear 70' version is an improvement but it is the only tell tale sign of the swap if you are looking for accuracy.

BTW, both the glass and the regulators are now avaialble as reproduction pieces as most of the 70' parts cars are long since scavenged already.

Not from the finished perspecitive, but physically yes. It's not like the holes are just at the bottom of where the 69' glass would normally end, the sections that have the holes extend past what would normally be the bottom, like a couple of tabs.

So if you are thinking you could just drill your 69' glass for example, you can't. It is possible however with some modifications to get 85% of the 69' tracks to work but it would always be sloppy.

muscle city glass has new '70 glass, I'm not sure if they have the other parts needed, but I'd give them a call. their website is musclecityglass.com

I bought some '70 windows on ebay last year and I'm about to put them in. I'll let you know how it goes.

actually the 69 door glass is shorter than the 70 door glass and conversely the 69 quarter glass is longer than the 70 quarter glass, but that really only applies to coupes and convertibles. the fastback glass shares the same dimensions between 69 and 70